• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

KatP87

Inactive Commercial Member
Fulltimer
No
I'm hoping someone on here will have an idea that will help.
I have a family member whose child is wheelchair bound special needs. They want to take her on trips and show her things and are considering getting a Class A with which to do so due to the amount of room her chair and equipment takes up. He would like to rent one first to see if this is even feasible for them to do before spending six figures on an ADA compliant Class A. I have been trying to help them find one but it is proving difficult. He reached out to Winnebago who seems to have taken over the RVing Accessibility Group that was around before the pandemic and they were of little help. Just kept trying to sell him. We have looked on the RV renting sites but that too has been an exercise in futility. They give the option of ADA compliant on a couple of the websites but the units that come up are not. Its getting very frustrating and disheartening.

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

They are in the Milwaukee/Chicago area.

That is a pretty tall order for a rental, but here's an idea;
See if there is a Thor Outlaw for rent. Thor makes a Class A and C toyhauler that would give the ability to get the chair up inside and to store it out of the living area.
Someone that has a modified MH for a wheelchair is likely very protective of it and would be hesitant to loan or rent it. I had a special needs child and the equipment purchased to help her was very expensive and hard to replace.
I hope it works for your family. My daughter hated to camp (she was pretty spoiled and pampered), but I took her a couple of times anyway.

That is a pretty tall order for a rental, but here's an idea;
See if there is a Thor Outlaw for rent. Thor makes a Class A and C toyhauler that would give the ability to get the chair up inside and to store it out of the living area.
Someone that has a modified MH for a wheelchair is likely very protective of it and would be hesitant to loan or rent it. I had a special needs child and the equipment purchased to help her was very expensive and hard to replace.
I hope it works for your family. My daughter hated to camp (she was pretty spoiled and pampered), but I took her a couple of times anyway.
Thank you! I will have them look into that.

Latest resources

Back