Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Danielb801

RVF Newbee
Well I’m stumped. i just bought this rig, it’s in great shape. Batteries are not under the entrance step( compartment is empty). Gen set runs good, battery indicator = ‘charged’. Any ideas are welcome .

Have you checked for a battery compartment behind the drivers (or possibly passenger) seat?

I checked behind driver and passenger seats( no compartments found). I generally followed a toggle for radio, house, engine battery - wiring went into engine compartment to some kind of 3x3 box. I followed 2 leads from positive battery terminal - one looked like it was headed for solinoI’d/ starter the other lead went to the other side of the engine compartment and maybe down near the 3x3 box I found earlier. I double checked compartment in door step - there was no evidence of a battery being there and no access holes for cables(compartment too small any way). Everything works fine (battery has stamp 4/22). I took a flash light and peered all though out the engine compartment (in case they mounted the house batteries somewhere there). The mystery continues.

Well I found it - in the floor behind driver seat - would have bit me. Thanks for your tip - it turned out to be spot on. Kudos for you.

Latest resources

Back