Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Any thoughts on great Campgrounds or Resorts to hold a small get together?

When it comes to gatherings we'd have to figure out where people are located. There is quite a left coast contingent around here, some of the fulltimers I know are raiding Yellowstone right now. Quite a few are at home base waiting out the pandemic. So we'd need to figure out where people may cross paths and try to find a location.

I'm all for this and definitely all for anyone that ever wants to coordinate gatherings. It's not something I can take on at the moment. I know I'm headed to Glacier this fall so I'm certainly willing to see who is going to be out that way in the late AUG time frame and meetup. But again, anyone that wants to meetup please do so. As we grow and I can also figure out some systems that can help people share where they are either on this site or via a mobile app we can figure these things out as we go.

They all have RVs, right? I’m not trying to get this done next month but planning has to start somewhere. If we start at least conversing about it now, doing something next year could be possible.

They all have RVs, right? I’m not trying to get this done next month but planning has to start somewhere. If we start at least conversing about it now, doing something next year could be possible.

What? I'm RVing next month! VA Beach area, meet you there!

I think though as I've already chatted with some such as the FL contingent of meeting there this winter if I decide to head that way. We could also agree on an existing event such as Tampa Supershow or FMCA like I did in Perry, GA 2018 and rally up at a larger event if we all want to do that. It may be an easier way to get the gang together. I'm all ears and would love to figure out how to determine a place to meet.

For me I'm likely going to FL this winter with alternate plans of back to AZ (and 3rd option of staying home but doubtful).

A winter get together in FL could work for us

@Neal if you do come west again, you should also give indio palm springs a shot. I am sure there is a lot of pickleball going on there. Back to the topic at hand.

On @MapNerd's question of where to hold a meet, a few questions:
  1. Would you prefer a camping destination that is more like "camping" i.e. not many amenities but just hanging out at the CG? Example, one of my fav spots is Luray KOA near Luray Caverns, VA. Now this isn't that remote as you can go tour the caverns and there is walmart and other amenities nearby but it's a very quiet picturesque type of CG nestled in the Shenandoah Valley
  2. Would you prefer a camping destination with a lot of things to do such as for kids, etc.? We've all seen CG's like this where there are trampolines, pools, and other activities. A few ideas are Cherrystone in Cape Charles, VA, then on the left side of VA is Yogi Bear's Jellystone near Natural Bridge which is by a river, has nice pools so you can kayak, fish, go to the pool, etc.
Per the above essentially do you want secluded or active?

The next question is, what name should we call RVF meets? Something unique and creative and tasteful of course that promotes the effort, not derogatory. Newmar users have their HOOTS they formed, I think Escapees call their meets convergences (weird).

For those that like to gather I see no reason anyone can't put together such an event via this forum for their area and get groups of members together. I'm pretty stationary in VA right now but could so something in VA either beach side or mountain side, who would come? Could we get the Floridians to come this far north? Another option is to do something a little further south such as Myrtle Beach.

The other part of the equation is cost. Some CG's in peak season are going to be expensive.

A Quartzsite meet someday would be cool as well.

There are a lot of ways to handle this but the above are some thoughts to ponder now.

On @MapNerd's question of where to hold a meet, a few questions:
  1. Would you prefer a camping destination that is more like "camping" i.e. not many amenities but just hanging out at the CG? Example, one of my fav spots is Luray KOA near Luray Caverns, VA. Now this isn't that remote as you can go tour the caverns and there is walmart and other amenities nearby but it's a very quiet picturesque type of CG nestled in the Shenandoah Valley
  2. Would you prefer a camping destination with a lot of things to do such as for kids, etc.? We've all seen CG's like this where there are trampolines, pools, and other activities. A few ideas are Cherrystone in Cape Charles, VA, then on the left side of VA is Yogi Bear's Jellystone near Natural Bridge which is by a river, has nice pools so you can kayak, fish, go to the pool, etc.
Per the above essentially do you want secluded or active?
I do have very well behaved but young kids, so something with at least a playground for them to romp around on would be great. A pool will keep them entertained for hours.

The next question is, what name should we call RVF meets? Something unique and creative and tasteful of course that promotes the effort, not derogatory. Newmar users have their HOOTS they formed, I think Escapees call their meets convergences (weird).
- RVForum Frolics
- RVForm Frenzies
- RVForum Quorums
- RVForum Expeditions
- RVForm Jamborees

For those that like to gather I see no reason anyone can't put together such an event via this forum for their area and get groups of members together. I'm pretty stationary in VA right now but could so something in VA either beach side or mountain side, who would come? Could we get the Floridians to come this far north? Another option is to do something a little further south such as Myrtle Beach.

The other part of the equation is cost. Some CG's in peak season are going to be expensive.
Maybe we could do a GoFundMe and anyone who wanted could contribute, then we could book a block of sites somewhere at a better rate? Just spitballing...

A Quartzsite meet someday would be cool as well.
I've never understood Quartzsite. I guess I'll have to go and experience it for myself but there is just absolutely nothing there, and then there's no hookups either. It's always seemed a odd place to pick for such a large gathering to me. Then again, I suppose that's why. Not too many places where you can park several hundred RVs for days at a time.

There are a lot of ways to handle this but the above are some thoughts to ponder now.

Now that the most all of the restrictions from Covid 19 have been lifted, is the RVforums rally ever going to happen?

I remember on the OTHER site they had different camping clubs across the country. They had MidAtlantic Group, The Southwest Group, and so on. We had about 10 or 12 coaches that would get together in the MidAtlantic Club. It was great time and made many friends.

What say you guys?

Latest resources

Back