Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where to buy lens covers for my navigator headlights?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DandP

RVF Newbee
Hello, everyone!
We are about to purchase a 2004 Holiday rambler navigator that has cloudy headlight lenses. I've tried to find just the lens covers but all I seem to run across is the full headlight assembly. Does anyone know where I might find just the lens covers? I guess I should ask is this even possible to replace just the lens cover? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!

Hello, everyone!
We are about to purchase a 2004 Holiday rambler navigator that has cloudy headlight lenses. I've tried to find just the lens covers but all I seem to run across is the full headlight assembly. Does anyone know where I might find just the lens covers? I guess I should ask is this even possible to replace just the lens cover? Thanks in advance for any help you can give us!
Those are sealed units. You’re not going to find covers to replace them as they come as a fully sealed unit…

The only issue with the restorers is that they are just bandaids. But hey if they work for you, by all means keep going

I've used different brand "Lens Restorer" kits purchased from Auto Zone, Walmart, Amazon, Pep Boys, and the like. Some work better than others....... while some require ME to work harder. Follow the instructions and prepare to take your time. It is a slow process. And a slow-speed polishing wheel in your drill helps. Don't get in a hurry or you'll have a mess to clean up along with a less than satisfactory job. If done correctly you will have a work-hardened surface that will last for several years, just like the original. The first vehicle I did, I was in the "getter done mode" and I had to do it again in about 6 months.

Some oil change and lube places will do lens polishing. I don't know the cost or results.

Bob

Looks like those headlights are from a 2000-2002 Lincoln LS(DOT number 20-5860 is on the lens, then google the DOT number). Full replacements for the LS are half the price because it's not for an RV. I had to replace the tail lights for my 2011 vacationer 30sfs and found they are from a Ram 1500 truck. Now I have cool LED tail lights for half the price.

Hello, everyone!
I bought new headlights (complete) from headlight depot for my 2003 Endeavor. Made the front look brand new-highly recommend and very reasonable.

I purchased a headlight Lens Polishing kit from the local auto parts store. Takes a good bit of time and patience to get a good job, but it is well worth the savings in dollars. The headlights for my truck were well over $100 each. The kit was about $25 plus my time. Being retired, the time I have, the money I don't.

Bob

Latest resources

Back