Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your Marathon Coach today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In this thread you can post your travels in your Marathon Coach Motorhome. When posting you must include a picture of your coach at your location.

Please include other campground details such as cellular strength so people know what carriers work or not, OTA and SAT capability, any highlights or amenities you'd like to share. If you're a drone pilot then feel free to take videos and upload to your YouTube channel and add a link to your video as well for even better presentation of your campground.

Refer to this post on how to optimally include your pictures in your post:

LVM Resort Las Vegas, NV

ATT and Verizon are terrible in the pepwave. The DW is trying to do a zoom call and I see daggers coming from her eyes.

I broke every one of @Neal’s rules. More than once.

1) Don’t go into a park at night. Not once but twice. It took my skilled maneuvering and three people along with a shoe horn and good grease to get into a spot. Thankfully landscape and human lives were spared.

2) don’t trust your Garmin or whatever goes to be 100% accurate. We ended up in a trailer park of senior citizens (1st night) roused from their sleep with the rumble sound of a prevost trying to turn around with a tow car. Let’s say I wasn’t welcome to move there. Oh and the Garmin led me through Las Vegas rush hour traffic last night. Very nice surrounded by crazy drivers.

3) trust but verify. While trying to unmanuever in the trailer park I unhooked the toad. Uh dead battery. We just changed to AF1 braking system. We had no jumper cables either. A friendly guy came along had a good laugh and jumped us. Along with we opted to take Highway 89 out of Oregon. A lovely scenic road in daylight hours. At night, the road of terror. Up down and nice sharp sweeping turns in pitch darkness. I prayed a deer wouldn’t jump out. I swear from the street view in rv trip wizard it looked fine. Just forgot the nighttime part. I think the DW has the divorce lawyer on speed dial after this.

1637342723313.jpeg

Well done sir. Where are your autosocks?? Or is that next leg??

Coming soon to a theatre near you.

It’s all good @sheridany , it’s all good.
Remember, Newmar still makes a nice coach 10+ feet shorter than your beautiful Marathon😎😁. You can always trade.

Yesterday we passed through schurz, NV and I saw a sign that said New evolution coffee shop. Had to stop. Delicious coffee. Internet: non existent.

1637347070774.jpeg

I had an interesting message on the gps on the way here. I was less than 1/2 mile from the road that the campground is on and the gps said “leave the road”. Uhhhh? No place to turn around. Fortunately, just up ahead I saw a sign for the turn onto the road where the campground was.

Driving these big things sure has its moments.

Pucker factor x3.

I had an interesting message on the gps on the way here. I was less than 1/2 mile from the road that the campground is on and the gps said “leave the road”. Uhhhh? No place to turn around. Fortunately, just up ahead I saw a sign for the turn onto the road where the campground was.

Driving these big things sure has its moments.

Ahh pffff, I ignore those! :)

Camp NIRVC Las Vegas, NV.

Wall to wall coaches in the parking lot front and back. Good times and good people at NiRVC.

Provisioning and preparing to cast off the lines tomorrow and “sail” to Florida.

1640811508384.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back