• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Near miss, but all is well. Our site at the Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge gave a bit of a scare last night when gravity exerted its will on a big ol' limb. Three more weeks and we start the journey south for the winter.
near miss.jpg

Where are you spending the winter, Buddy?

Where are you spending the winter, Buddy?
We're volunteering again this winter. This time at the W.P. Franklin Dam and Lock/Recreation Area near Fort Myers, FL. doing trail maintenance and boater education. It's a December through March gig...just about right for the winter weather.
1723819085211.png

We're volunteering again this winter. This time at the W.P. Franklin Dam and Lock/Recreation Area near Fort Myers, FL. doing trail maintenance and boater education. It's a December through March gig...just about right for the winter weather.
View attachment 25404
That looks like a great little spot that we were not aware of. Are you camp hosting also?

That looks like a great little spot that we were not aware of. Are you camp hosting also?
No camp hosting…just some trail maintenance and some boater education work. Only 12 hours a week.

Near miss, but all is well. Our site at the Trustom Pond National Wildlife Refuge gave a bit of a scare last night when gravity exerted its will on a big ol' limb. Three more weeks and we start the journey south for the winter.
@GlampDaddy I still need to check RI off of our list of states. Its the last one in the lower 48. We've boondocked at Buffalo Lake NWR several times. What's the deal with camping at Trustom Pond NWR? We will be in the area mid September.

@GlampDaddy I still need to check RI off of our list of states. Its the last one in the lower 48. We've boondocked at Buffalo Lake NWR several times. What's the deal with camping at Trustom Pond NWR? We will be in the area mid September.
@flyboy013 - There's no public camping at Trustom Pond - only one site, ours for the summer as Fish & Wildlife volunteers. My understanding is that most of the campsites in this area are seasonal rentals, not much in the way of short-term (< 3 months). Mid-September is near the end of the tourist season here, so things may open up for you.

One night at KOA Lexington VA. Didn't unhook the Jeep. Just plugged in with the FWS out. One of the nicer KOAs we've been to. Good T mobile and Verizon. Cable here but didn't use.
20240818_122857.jpg

This morning Nashville Shores

IMG_3467.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My head hurts. Someone explain to me what’s going on.

Latest resources

Back