Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Lobster Festival is this weekend 😀
Oh Wowzers! Eat all the lobstah and blueberries for me too. Yummers! What a great site! Enjoy!

Dry Camping For Speed Week At The Bonneville Salt Flats

I just returned to Colorado after spending the week dry camping at the Bonneville Salt Flats for Speed Week. We took 5 motorcycles this year and set new records on the 4 motorcycles we raced. The days were long getting out to the pits and on the course at sunrise and not getting back to camp until around 5:30-6:00 PM. Despite the torturing sun, with temperatures of 100+ degrees, we all survived and were pleased with our results.

i-r8WRLCm-XL.jpg

i-r8WRLCm-XL.jpg

i-kXDzPpV-XL.jpg

i-TBCMpjn-XL.jpg

i-crJfDz2-X3.jpg

i-SFzMTMm-XL.jpg

Camping out behind Coach Glass in Coburg and frankly enjoying the weekend solitude in an industrial park. The local Country park - Armitage is very nice with lots of trees and wide open spaces and the sites far apart, but while the windshield goop cures the coach stays put - slides in, jacks stowed. So this is fine with me - I like it a whole lot better than a crowded RV park with sites packed in a few feet from each other. Also lots of room to ride the bikes here and fishing near by.
IMG_3118.jpeg

Lovin this new big beautiful piece of glass
IMG_3119.jpeg

And of course entertaining the 10 year old
IMG_3117.jpeg

Between Coburg & Junction City you can get pretty much everything you need done to your rv. Wish we were a bit closer but it’s a nice, pleasant trip from the Bay Area to the Eugene area.
I’m headed up to Amazing Creations in Junction City ( Home page - Amazing Creations ) on Wednesday to get a couple slide toppers restitched. They were recommended by a local shop so we’ll see. By the end of this trip the coach should be in fairly nice shape. Just need to replace a front shade motor now.

I’m headed up to Amazing Creations in Junction City ( Home page - Amazing Creations ) on Wednesday to get a couple slide toppers restitched. They were recommended by a local shop so we’ll see. By the end of this trip the coach should be in fairly nice shape. Just need to replace a front shade motor no

We have used them several times for both coaches with good results.

Ingles Fuel Station, Franklin NC. lol, not a classy RV Park, but we took the rig out to keep the fluids moving and the tires rolling. I try to do that once a month.

So today we filled it up and watched the face of the cashier who exclaimed that was more than her paycheck for the week.

On a side note, I'm not sure who that guy is in the picture. It kind of looks like me, but about 45lbs heaver than he was last summer. I don't think he's come out of winter hibernation yet . . . ;)

Jim1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back