• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hernando Point COE Campground, Hernando MS. Very spacious, beautiful park on Arkabutla Lake. No Verizon (DW's problem), adequate ATT, weak T-Mobile. Didn't come to use the phone!
8494B2D9-78B0-4CC7-99ED-CC9F85E5C20C_1_201_a.jpeg
CA996385-C824-457A-8A20-7DA2D0B01FCB_1_201_a.jpeg

Very nice!

Sportsman's Beach CG at Walker Lake on 95 near Hawthorn Nevada. Windy now and it was hot today but cooling nicely with sundown. No hookups, but good cell service. This is Day One of a 7-8 week junket to Austin for a wedding, then New Hampshire to visit family, and then home, stopping at many points along the way, both planned, and as yet unknown.
E047782C-1855-4CF8-A47F-BA2B82197C00.jpeg

Sportsman's Beach CG at Walker Lake on 95 near Hawthorn Nevada. Windy now and it was hot today but cooling nicely with sundown. No hookups, but good cell service. This is Day One of a 7-8 week junket to Austin for a wedding, then New Hampshire to visit family, and then home, stopping at many points along the way, both planned, and as yet unknown.View attachment 12812
A unique "picnic table cover"! Is that an "out west" thing?

A unique "picnic table cover"! Is that an "out west" thing?
Yes, fairly common in Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona etc, in older (50+ years) smaller campgrounds, with small eroded asphalt pads, not much attention to level, built for cars with a tent, camp stove, and ice chest in the trunk (how we camped when I was kid on family vacations), truck campers and small TTs. Vault toilets only. Never had hook-ups of any kind. But cheap to free, very few other campers, and good for overnights and local hiking etc. when traveling.
7B06404B-D93B-499D-A0AF-647432387583.jpeg

Yes, fairly common in Nevada, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona etc, in older (50+ years) smaller campgrounds, with small eroded asphalt pads, not much attention to level, built for cars with a tent, camp stove, and ice chest in the trunk (how we camped when I was kid on family vacations), truck campers and small TTs. Vault toilets only. Never had hook-ups of any kind. But cheap to free, very few other campers, and good for overnights and local hiking etc. when traveling.View attachment 12813
@Rich W. i have driven past that spot and had no idea there was a campground. Is there a turnoff from the main road into the camp ground? That seems to be a perfect overnight between Reno and Las Vegas as an option.

@Rich W. i have driven past that spot and had no idea there was a campground. Is there a turnoff from the main road into the camp ground? That seems to be a perfect overnight between Reno and Las Vegas as an option.
yes, Sportsmans Beach CG. It’s well marked with a turn lane, 3 miles north of the town of Walker Lake. Its basic, desolate, and often has high winds, but its good for an overnight. Also plenty of maneuvering room.

Ohio’s Buckeye Lake KOA for an overnighter. This is the first time I have had to cross a flooded bridge to get to my site.

7770E0D9-FCE9-4004-90B5-BBA62CB70D34.jpeg

Latest resources

Back