• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your TIFFIN today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Touring around Custer State Park. Some wild Buffalo.

9F88B970-D6FB-434D-8754-CF2BAFFE024E.jpeg
BC837F54-C307-40F0-B72D-5404595BE040.jpeg

Well we finally made it yesterday. Put on about 1850 miles to get here. Arrived at Garden of the Gods RV park, in Colorado Springs. This is our jumping off point for our Caravan Tour. Coaches are packed in here like sardines.

Rate is $116.00 a night. It is jammed packed full. Has to be 200 RVs here.

Last picture, you can see the Rocky Mountains in the distance.
View attachment 13327View attachment 13326View attachment 13325
Well we got up early because we knew we were going to put the most miles of the trip in one day, today . So we left about 7-0-clock. Getting around on these narrow country roads can be a challenge. I missed the first sign that said road closed. By the time I saw the second one I was a half mile down the road. And there it was a Bridge that was closed. No way to turn around, had to unhook the Jeep. There was a small access road about 20 yards on the left that I could just get the nose of the coach over and try to make a four point turn. Man that was close, that access road went down a steep embankment. Got it turned around, hooked up Jeep and away we went. All part if the adventure.

Next stop Crane Brewery in Raytown Mo. we covered about 470 miles today. Very heavy traffic on I 270 in St. Louis.

Brewery has a lot of craft beers. They had a Mexican Food Truck, everything was home made. Pretty darn good. Only down side is parking lot is concrete dust. Coach and Jeep are now gray…..laughing out loud. Just an FYI, if you travel the Harvest Host Route, I don't know how you survive WITHOUT a generator.

Well we got about 1200 miles under our belt so far, with about 600 more to go. Our Fantasy Caravan Tour will be leaving from Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods.

View attachment 13280View attachment 13279View attachment 13278
It looks like a great trip, Keith & Debra Safe Travels

Linda was on the same Jack a lope. Glad your having a good time.

Hi Scott & Linda: Wall Drug is a whole two blocks of shops. I have a recording of the Trex but it was to large to post.

The past three days was a push. one day was like 10 hours, and two 8 hr days of touring around the area.
HH

Decided to drive the Needles Highway. There are three one way tunnels carved through solid granite. There was a mountain goat and her kid in the middle of the tunnel causing all kind of havoc.

Plus there are a million motorcycles around because the Sturgis Rally starts August 5 th.
96A0ECE4-3A23-413B-88B7-846300085596.jpeg
44F09C69-3786-47CA-A8CC-66BCE72FED36.jpeg
8C1DBC81-87E8-4C3D-B738-E33FD51C6602.jpeg

Surely you didn't drive your MH through that?
Hi Jim: Hell no..... I barely got my Jeep through it. The traffic was backed up on both sides of the tunnel. We were half way through and the people on the other side wouldn't move saying they were there first. A bunch of bikers. Finally we negotiated a peace agreement and got through. LOL

HH

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back