• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Which Class A to buy for full time use

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow I did not know some RV’s has that kind of towing capacity. I guess we have a lot of research to do. Which make do you have with that kind of capacity?

We don’t have an A class but have a Super C made by Renegade. A bit of a fun beast.

Attachments

• C3B12D46-D586-499C-A47A-8AADC06081BA.jpeg
    C3B12D46-D586-499C-A47A-8AADC06081BA.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 18
Don't worry about your Ram 1500 4x4. It is flat towable and will not accumulate miles as you flat tow it. We towed our Ram 1500 4x4 for 2 years with a 40' Class A with Cummins 8.3L @ close to 400 HP and you couldn't even tell the truck was back there without looking at the back up camera screen. WE sold that truck and now tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4. On the Rams and Jeeps you just need to push a button to put the electronic transfer case in neutral. The transmission stays in PARK. This is why you accumulate no miles while towing.

Good luck on your search!!

So after some more research it seems anything longer than 38ft would make visiting state parks a problem. I was looking at at Tiffin Allegro Bus at 45ft to maximize living space since we need to install an office desk for work onboard the RV. My next concern is total allowable length of an RV with a car hauler behind it. I decided against flat towing since we will need the trailer at times for work.Unless I misunderstand, we are down to either a 38ft Class A or a Super C if we are planning on towing a trailer and if we will be allowed in most state parks without the trailer. Any comments / pointers?

If you decide on trailering, get one that is light enough you can move around by had or a small trailer dolly. My trailer pictured above worked great, but if I decide to continue to use it I would make some changes. 1. A wind break to help keep the car cleaner. 2. Better wheel tie down straps. Mine worked fine but the could be simpler. 3. Car ramps I did not have to remove. A trailer that would tilt or lower would be nice.

Out of the 4 sites I stayed at, only one required I put my trailer in temp storage after taking my car off.

If you decide on trailering, get one that is light enough you can move around by had or a small trailer dolly. My trailer pictured above worked great, but if I decide to continue to use it I would make some changes. 1. A wind break to help keep the car cleaner. 2. Better wheel tie down straps. Mine worked fine but the could be simpler. 3. Car ramps I did not have to remove. A trailer that would tilt or lower would be nice.

Out of the 4 sites I stayed at, only one required I put my trailer in temp storage after taking my car off.
Thanks for your input and advice. I have no problem putting the trailer in temp storage. My trailer will probably have a nose cone or front storage compartment.

My wife and I (and our two french poodles) are in the process of scaling down and going full time RV'ing in the next 12 months. Since we do not want to enter into a loan, we will be purchasing cash so decided on trying to find our dream RV from private buyers. We recently purchased a new truck cash from a dealership only to learn that we were penalized as cash buyers due to incentives paid to dealerships if they get buyers to finance.
Long story short, here are a few questions we have: (For starters LOL)
1). We are looking at a 2017-2019 40 plus feet Class A diesel with less than 25K miles. We will be towing a RAM 1500 truck. Single or double rear axles? Any pointers what to look for?
2). Is there a way to tow a car hauler instead of towing the truck and have it accumulate miles while in tow?
3). Will the trailer be a problem at camp sites?
4). What happens to the refrigerator while driving the RV? Is is still running and keeping stuff cold and frozen?
5). I work part time remotely in the engineering field so will need to find some space for a desk and PC. How hard is it to for example remove a couch and replace it with a desk.
Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andre
first question i cant answer (each rv has its own pros and cons but as far as towing i had a cardolly before i got a flat tow system (most places that i went to just let me park the dolly next to or somewhat under the rig (as long as it wasnt on the grass) 1 place told me to keep it attached to the rig and just take the van off .. i havent had any issues with that so a inclosed trailer shouldn’t be an issue (i know of some places that have a parking area (5-20 eatra depending how long you will be staying)
as far as the fridge i turn the lo gas on and switch the fridge to gas that way it still is on keeping things cold (only illegal in some states going into tunnels.. i haven’t been in those areas but others say they have a turn off so u can turn off the gas just long enough to go through… couch is just bolted to the floor so unbolt that pull it out and replace with a desk and chair (without wheels so that it doesnt move while driving) good luck on your adventures

first question i cant answer (each rv has its own pros and cons but as far as towing i had a cardolly before i got a flat tow system (most places that i went to just let me park the dolly next to or somewhat under the rig (as long as it wasnt on the grass) 1 place told me to keep it attached to the rig and just take the van off .. i havent had any issues with that so a inclosed trailer shouldn’t be an issue (i know of some places that have a parking area (5-20 eatra depending how long you will be staying)
as far as the fridge i turn the lo gas on and switch the fridge to gas that way it still is on keeping things cold (only illegal in some states going into tunnels.. i haven’t been in those areas but others say they have a turn off so u can turn off the gas just long enough to go through… couch is just bolted to the floor so unbolt that pull it out and replace with a desk and chair (without wheels so that it doesnt move while driving) good luck on your adventures
Thanks for your response! Much appreciated

With regard to the TV, one can often connect to the TV via hdmi from the computer or laptop and project the computer screen onto the TV. I do this in my coach in order to watch videos on my hard drive.

With regard to the TV, one can often connect to the TV via hdmi from the computer or laptop and project the computer screen onto the TV. I do this in my coach in order to watch videos on my hard drive.
we do this with my wife's iPad. She has lots of TV shows and movies stored on there. It works great!

Latest resources

Back