• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Which One?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A more basic point, to Kevin's point, if you plan to move regularly or often a motorized unit might make sense, However, if you plan to be parked for extended periods, a tow behind unit with a truck or Land Cruiser, makes more sense.
Set the Tow Behind, anything from a teardrop to a 5th Wheel, up once and use the truck for daily transportation.
This avoids having to breakdown camp every time you run for groceries or supplies.
That was my original plan. However, anything big enough for me to be comfortable in with two dogs would require buying a bigger truck. A Class C will let me turn the bedroom into an office/workspace and still have room and comfort.
Also, I can travel in summer, and once i can work remotely, travel as much as I wish. My idea is to eventually travel and stay in one spot for anywhere from several weeks to a few moths. The Class C would allow my to do that, and then explore in the LC.

Once I can get a home, maybe I will sell the C and get something like a Casita,.

Kevin brought up a good point - KOA parks are always more expensive than local independent parks, sometimes significantly more and this would really add up for long term arrangements. Shop around for a place to set up that is more economical and less aimed at the tourist dollar.
The local park here is more expensive than the KOA.

You know the old joke about why you should get the heated license plate option on a Ford right?

Some would say on older class "c" motorhomes, look for a lazy days.

I would not get excited about any MH but that's me. Getting everything put down and ready to travel! Just to go to the store would wear thin really quickly. Check out the overall length of a MH pulling your truck, and ask yourself if size matters!

Check on price of the equipment to set up for towing, and see if that falls in line with your budget.

Ask yourself if the MH breaks down, where you'll live in the meantime.

Then ask yourself if you will still be towing!!!

The answers are, for those on a budget, and buying used. There are more liabilities than advantages!!! Be honest with yourself!
Look at a different truck, and price the complete package that meets your precived needs! Trailer parks are less expensive than places like KOAs. There are advantages to the house being in one location, so do your due diligence before you jump!!!

Oh yes! Look for home owners that have an RV hookup,you might be able to rent.
I've seen used RVs in the 30K range or so that seem in good condition. From what I see, new ones are in the $70,000+ category.
If I could, I;d actually get a Super C. A truck like that would let me pull an enclosed trailer with my LC in it.
But payments on something like that would be nuts for me right now.

If anyone can recommend a place with good prices, I'm all ears or, in this case, all eyes!

Latest resources

Back