Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the same conclusion. Certainly not the best design in the world as for a maintenance goes. The bin wire that monitors the ice depth came out of the motor side of the ice maker. I've tried for seems like hours to put the wire back in the hole but I'm working by braille since I can't see the hole location.

I have the same issues with the RV, working blind to resolve issues. If you have a smart phone or better yet a GOPro with the ability to sync with your smart phone. With only a smart phone, Turn on the the photo app on your phone and place the phone where you can see the ice maker,and you can see that hole. Then work the wire into the hole. If you have a GoPro, sync the GoPro to your phone app and place the GoPro so you can see the hole, monitor on your phone as you place the wire in the hole.

Now if you have this issue often like I do get a Depstect. That camera wand you can snake into almost anywhere and watch it on the smartphone.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYTHWK4/?tag=rvf01-20

I didn't think about the camera but I did remember I had a mirror on a telescoping rod and was able to get the wire back in the hoe by using that method. I appreciate all your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back