Why are Newmar clubs always the most active on RV forums

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
From a different perspective!

I came here because of the title, specifically RV!
YUP! If you want RVers to come, you must loose the club mentality! Most questions asked are specific to installed equipment, not RV brand!

I am not a fan of good boy clubs,and @Neal has done a admirable job on that front! Jim would have a failing RV park if he catered only to one brand!

My input for improvement here would be categories at the component level.

Think of it this way!

If you have a Forest River pull trailer and you have a Atwood water heater, will you visit a Newell forum for answers! DON'T SAY YES!!! Same goes for MH vs fifth!

When you start talking about system specific to newmar a camper owners eyes gloss over! If the good boy club mentality is Lost, and system forum categories persist, I think The site will attract RVers!!!

My ten dollars worth (inflation considered)!!!

Obviously once confronted and ordered to prison by the admins over there, they come over. The other question I would ask is why do certain “well known”Newmar owners stay there and they have ids here but hardly come by. I am not naming names but you all know who I am talking about.

I find that while this site has many knowledgeable individuals, there appears to be a large breath of technical knowledge available on the other forum due to the perceived larger user base. Whether that’s actually a true statement or not I don’t know. When I have free time to check out this site, I typically go to the new posts page. There’s usually a handful of new posts, although often not in areas that are of interest to me, isn’t within my technical knowledge, or has already been sufficiently answered by other competent users. I don’t need to put a response out there just to be heard.

On the other forum, I used to be a lot more active, but then they got rid of the mobile app. I preferred the app over the web browser. I’m usually only responding to posts that I feel that I’m very qualified to answer. There’s plenty of users there to provide good responses. But also some that are lurking in the Newmar forum but don’t have Newmar’s. There responses are often wrong or irrelevant because they don’t understand how Newmar’s are built.

Then there’s Facebook. I don’t do much there. Just the occasional post. There’s too many people that just want to post replies even if they aren’t qualified to provide an answer. If I need an answer quickly I may most there, knowing that most of the responses are not from individuals with sufficient knowledge.

Overall I used to be much more active with RV social media. Not so much today.

From what little time I have looked at the DS group on FB, that is the least well-informed group anywhere. The bad and misinformation is staggering.
And most of the bad information is presented as absolute gospel. Trying to set them straight is typically not a pleasant experience.

Contrary to the others, it sounds like, there is a Newmar Super C group on FB that is quite good.

Started by a couple I met at the mothership last year.

So far it is all good info, no garbage or condescension amount the members.

Contrary to the others, it sounds like, there is a Newmar Super C group on FB that is quite good.

Started by a couple I met at the mothership last year.

So far it is all good info, no garbage or condescension amount the members.
I also have to agree that not all Facebook groups are bad. For Entegra the FB groups are more active than the two major forums. I’m hopeful that I can over time attract a more loyal Entegra following here.

Latest resources

Back