Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Why does Newmar reuse their prior brand names for newer coaches?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
In the auto industry they come up with new names for their vehicles. It seems Newmar reuses their prior names for newer coaches. I saw a Facebook post of a New Aire from around 1970 which made me post this. We could probably list other examples but it just makes me wonder why they don't just come up with new names for their new coaches instead of reusing the names from older coaches (including trailers) that have no resemblance to the prior use.

I think having the older names on newer coaches makes people recall , {Hey, I remember my uncle / father / friend's friend having one of those}. It probably draws more sales than you would think. How many "new" Thunderbirds were sold to people wanting a piece of the past.

In the auto industry they come up with new names for their vehicles. ...
Actually the auto industry reuses names too and causes quite a bit of confusion. i.e. Chevrolet recently reused the Blazer moniker. Now, they've reincarnated the Trailblazer. I agree what's a Kountry Star? Two products, Two different coaches.

George Foreman reused his name about 10-11 times on his kigs??.

Kountry Star was also a 5th wheel before Newmar got out of them. I had a fella stop by my campsite once and reminisce about his KS fiver he had at one time.

0B6E0737-B912-44E4-AC63-D60322B00689.jpeg

There was one of these in the parking area at Newmar when we did FPU...

There was one at Palm Creek in Casa Grande, some folks from Canada. Stopped and talked to him thinking the fiver had been repainted but no just well taken care of.

This Kountry Aire 5th wheel was at Newmar for service last June when we were there.

Kountry Aire-1.JPG

I know it is not a "Kountry Star," but interesting all the same. It was in beautiful condition as you can see,

TJ

Latest resources

Back