Fleetwood 40 T
RV Length
40'
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2015 GMC Denali 3/4t 4×4
Afternoon folks, new adventure into electronics. We need to hookup some kind of internet booster in our American Tradition. My wife needs a fast solid hookup as she manages a team of 20 people. Im a little ignorant when comes to this subject and tend to have difficulty understanding the kids explaining it,lol. Do I have to have a booster and amp for mobile hot spot?? I'm not even sure I'm asking the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏. Thank you and God 🙌

Cell phone boosters are great for casual use, but if you need to run a business or depend on internet to work remotely, the pepwave type approach from the above link is what you will want. ARD is right, that thread guided me when I was setting up our new coach as well. Good stuff.

How you go about this will be based young your needs and budget.

Some will tell you to use your phone as a hotspot.
Others will tell you to get a Pepwave or a CradlePoint router.
I’ve helped with the design of a more robust system, capable of more capacity and uptime, with a coach processor and media server.

Yet others will say you’re still to not wait for Starlink.

At this point in my technical help for others, I need to have a lot more conversation to learn more about the needs in order to come up with a useful solution.

One solution, is what I explain here:

Be happy to help further.

Afternoon folks, new adventure into electronics. We need to hookup some kind of internet booster in our American Tradition. My wife needs a fast solid hookup as she manages a team of 20 people. Im a little ignorant when comes to this subject and tend to have difficulty understanding the kids explaining it,lol. Do I have to have a booster and amp for mobile hot spot?? I'm not even sure I'm asking the questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙏. Thank you and God 🙌
Welcome @BigUgly - I suggest browsing this forum:

Your question is a common one among RVers and has been answered in the above forum. If you have any questions please reply and the super friendly community here will gladly assist.

Would encourage you to take a look at the 'mobile internet resource center'.... the free section is more than adequate. Provides information about the technology, provides unbiased hardware reviews & provides guidance based on your travel habits.
Many on this forum have gone with cellular modem/routers that are used by 1st responders & the transportation industry (Peplink products). While the technology continues to evolve, I think you will find cellular internet will provide the most reliable internet connectivity in the near future.
As Capt. Gizmo states, one really needs more information in order to assess your needs & make any suggestions on equipment.
Good luck in your search & safe travels.

Latest resources

Back