Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Av8rBum

RVF Newbee
Anyone with the Best solution or options for wifi (hotspot) with most gigs For mobil or traveling down the road full time and go!

I need to look into that as well. W e have AT&T phones with unlimited data, I have used that when the house internet went out and it worked pretty good, but I dont know how well it will work driving down the road.

But the simplest response to your question is "does your phone work as you drive down the road?" If the answer to that is "yes" then your phone as a hotspot will also work as you drive as will pretty much all the dedicated hotspots offered by the cellular providers. Yes, there is a lot more sophisticated equipment available, but the bottom line is that cellular service works fine as you travel and can provide very acceptable internet service as you drive. Sure, there will be occasional locations where you lose signal but those shouldn't be frequent, at least not with the 3 major carriers.

But the simplest response to your question is "does your phone work as you drive down the road?" If the answer to that is "yes" then your phone as a hotspot will also work as you drive as will pretty much all the dedicated hotspots offered by the cellular providers. Yes, there is a lot more sophisticated equipment available, but the bottom line is that cellular service works fine as you travel and can provide very acceptable internet service as you drive. Sure, there will be occasional locations where you lose signal but those shouldn't be frequent, at least not with the 3 major carriers.
We burn that hot spot up literally in 3hrs true story! Need better solution!

I
We burn that hot spot up literally in 3hrs true story! Need better solution!
I have no idea what you mean by this. We run our hotspots 24/7 without problem. If you used all your data, that's a different story and it isn't the fault of the hotspot.

I

I have no idea what you mean by this. We run our hotspots 24/7 without problem. If you used all your data, that's a different story and it isn't the fault of the hotspot.
Yah @docj He meant burns through his data.

He meant burns through his data

That's what I figured but Neal had already answered with respect to hotspot "hardware" and I continued in that vein.

People continually ask questions about "hotspots" when what they really are asking about is "data plans".

IMHO the answer to the "best data plan" question is that there isn't a single answer. If you want lots of data available to you as you travel all over the US, you will need more than one plan. I currently have two of the T-Mobile 100GB plans, a 400 GB AT&T plan from Millenicom, and a grandfathered, unlimited prepaid Verizon plan. At any given moment and location any of those plans may be great or not so great!

Latest resources

Back