Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Will Amazon Pharmacy be the future for RVers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Amazon Pharmacy appears to be a potential for RVers and fulltimers. I personally use Costco but I'm curious how Amazon Pharmacy may be playing into the future. Anyone using it?

They don’t carry one of my important medicines so be sure to check that they can fill it.

Doesn’t Amazon get enough of my money already? 😂Using one of the large chain establishments (Costco, Walgreens, Walmart) makes it easy to get a prescription refill just about anywhere while traveling.

When Amazon starts selling diesel and delivering - that will move them to top 5 vendors in our budget.

But back on topic, following this. We use national chains. Haven’t considered Amazon, will go look.

They want me to pay $5 a month, on top of Prime, just for the privilege of buying Rx from them?! Hmmm… will need to price the actual scripts more to see if it would make sense.

We use Walgreens and so far we have always been able to easily find one if needed on our travels.

FLSteve (y)

Full time RV traveler. We use Walmart. Getting a refill virtually anywhere takes about 15 min. Waited a little less than an hour once because they needed Dr.’s re-prescribe.

We're using it. The first order was delivered in 24 hours.

We're doing it a bit oddly; we're having meds delivered to our Green Cove Springs PMB, then forwarded from there, for a couple of reasons. Although we've used Walgreens for many years its mail service isn't satisfactory; when you get a scrip you must first pick it up at a Walgreens location, then refills can be fulfulled by mail. You can't start a new scrip to be delivered by mail...or maybe you can; seems that it's different every time. That doesn't do a whole lot of good when the nearest Walgreens is 75 miles away. Walmart is sometimes the same situation, so we need a reliable way to get scrips by mail without having to go to a store.

Ordinarily we can wait a couple of weeks for the refill and forwarding process at its lowest price, but we could get an overnight from Green Cove Springs if needed

Here in the az desert we have a constant Flux of people coming here as a stop off for treatments of all kinds in Mexico. Despite the warnings that you don't know if you're getting the real drug, safe fillings, quality in glasses. People make the pilgrimage every year. The fact these pilgrims at least do their due diligence, I commend them.

How long will this continue, Knowing Amazon wants to be your company store? What? Until there is no competition?

Knowing that Amazon was selling counterfeit NOW supplements till it became public record! For the record they were not the only ones!!! No, I would not trust my health to mail order!!!

Now you can get your new Amazon Prime Doctor:

Latest resources

Back