Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Will we see a new surge of RV 1st timers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Interesting. Not what I expected but that is an interesting insight as to why. Hoping for the best for the RV dealerships and hope people are making wise decisions. I know a friend of my mother's in her 80's just bought a Class B she's always wanted and finally decided to do it. Not sure if she'll full time but it's a very interesting situation we'll be observing in the RV industry.

It is a very interesting and trying time for many that have never experienced anything like this before.

Personally I am over it and am ready to move on thus I upgraded my trailer.

Over the past year I've been really big into the motto that good will come from it, speaking of when bad things happen. If something is broken I'll make it better in the end. If I have to redo something, it will be better. This motto is becoming broader with each situation, I think in many other aspects of my life things will as a result be better. Attitude is 9/10's of the solution.

I just purchased my second travel trailer Saturday and the all of the dealerships here in Utah are swamped. The dealership where I purchased mine sold 17 in a six hour span and our salesman stated that he believes many are buying them because they are concerned about losing their homes. He also thought that they were buying while their credit is still intact expecting for the worse. This pandemic has a lot of people making choices that may not be in their best interest and we can only hope circumstances change.

I am grateful my profession is considered to be essential but it is my opinion that everyone's source of income is essential. So in my opinion for sure we will see many, many new RV 1st timers and I think you will see a trend of more of them being the younger generation.

Randy
I wonder if they are financing the RV. If they are worried about losing their S&B I doubt they would put their savings or much, on the new RV purchase - maybe a 3-5yr 0 interest deal?

We’ve been out now camping for two weeks with one more to go south east coast. Here is what we’ve seen....

Campgrounds are full...this will be the way people vacation for the next two years, I believe. Even seeing tons of tent camping. This is the most amount of small trailers and teardrops with added screen rooms I’ve ever seen. Lots of new rvs, too, but most are pull behinds. I think folks are buying whatever they can pull behind their vehicle right now.

I have not seen but a few newer higher end class A’s. I think that is because most of those folks full time and are older and are not out on the road, yet, for the most part.

We are already booking things for next year twelve months in advance and finding it difficult to get the sites we want. I know for beach state parks that tends to be the norm, but even looking at the off season,it’s the same.

This morning I had a consultation with Microsoft Advertising to review the RVForums advertising setup and he offered at the start of our call about the uptick in RV activity. Later today this popped up in my Twitter feed:

wgo.png

With Camping World, Thor, and Winnebago stocks moving up and latest announcement by Airstream that they are operating at full capacity now to fill orders, I think we can safely say new purchases are on the upswing and of those, many are first timers.

Also, folks are renting rvs like crazy. Some of these new purchases are people buying them and then renting them out. My niece just rented one on the spot and barely got it. The guy had just bought it the day before and had others on the list interested in renting behind her.

One of hubbys coworkers who has never rv’d before Is renting one and hitting the road to simply get away and work remotely.

I think there is a mentality starting to grow where people are turning into modified preppers, or survivalists due to the covid-19.

I have read a couple news feeds recently that there are a growing number of Virologist and other Doctors that predict the covid-19 virus will be with us forever. It will not matter if someone comes up with a vaccine in 2020, 2021, or whenever, the virus will never go away but continue to circulate through the worlds population. The vast majority of the worlds population will develop an immunity to its effects and some day the worse cases could be no more serious than a bad cold. Many of them agree that they way we work and play will be changed forever.

If you believe even half of what some of these people are saying then the temptation to live self-sufficiently in an RV would be strong.

Finally sold my old coach. Consigned it in January, and we all know what has happened since. The sales guy told me that he’s been really busy with sales of both new & used coaches...

It's the summer of the RV. Even Trump wants to get one
It's the summer of the RV. Even Trump wants to get one

Watching the market literately blow up with new sales, it looks like I may have picked a good time to build an RV park!

Congrats on selling the old coach @Akdare.

Latest resources

Back