Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I do not know how to pack light so I typically prefer storage. I like the overhead storage compartments to go from front to back. In my 2017 Newmar Ventana I have a large window at the dinette with no overhead storage above it so it's a big window and a great view out the dinette when sitting there. I notice King Aire's don't do overhead storage at all. Big windows probably have more issues with insulation and extreme temps hot and cold, double-pane or not. What is your opinion on large windows vs. storage bins? On top of that what are your thoughts on windows that don't open?

It’s definitely a trade off. I have been in some higher end coaches and the larger windows let in a tremendous amount of light Into the coach. It “feels“ different and i really liked it, but you pay for bigger windows In trading up.

Yes storage is great but how much do you really need? I am not a FT, but I am in the process of taking everything out top to bottom and I am shocked how much I am getting rid of because I never used it. I would imagine if you are a FT or even 1/2 time storage becomes essential so the trade off is real. My goal is get down to only essential items that are required for the kind of travel we do.

I prefer storage. To me more windows means more potential for leaks.

whats wrong with storage?

Not really a question I ask, but the start of my thoughts.
Storage adds weight, How big an issue depends if the slide system has to be built up to handle it.

If a spot for storage is there, it will get used. we all have to consider weight to keep from overloading the rig.

In years past all the space available for storage was unbelievable, but the space seemed closed in. Windows make a space seem bigger than it is. With a bus that rivals a 50's house for space, windows are just one more energy draw. If you got windows they should open in my opinion.

Latest resources

Back