Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
I'm having my windshield replaced and wondering how the Magna Shade users deal with the magnets. Should I try to remove them and reuse them on my new windshield or order replacement magnets?
Thanks

I use a kitchen knife to remove them, cut out some cardboard to put between them, store and reinstall when ready. If needed you can get more adhesive tabs from magneshade. I remove, clean with isopropyl alkeeehaul and put new adhesive tabs on then install. You also need the spray from your original install that helps adhesion.

I ain't got none of the rubbing alckeehaul so I'll substitute some of that Blanton's.

There are few videos on youtube how to do it how to handle the magnets,.

There are few videos on youtube how to do it how to handle the magnets,.
And they're probably posted by NealC.

I ain't got none of the rubbing alckeehaul so I'll substitute some of that Blanton's.
Blanton's used internally is great! But OMG not for the windshield your tongue will get sore from licking off the excess! Just me being me. Have a great day.

Just an FYI:
When I had the windshield replaced, while removing the "magnets", some had a piece break off, and a couple were dropped and broke into pieces. And the windshield folks & I tried to be very careful!:cautious:

And whatever you do....DO NOT get any skin between the magnets, as it makes for a bloody, painful mess!!
Don't ask how I know!o_O

I got frustrated, and made an appointment with Magneshade, and had them install new magnets, and the shade!
Good Luck!(y)

I'm having my windshield replaced and wondering how the Magna Shade users deal with the magnets. Should I try to remove them and reuse them on my new windshield or order replacement magnets?
Thanks
Very easy to remove, metal spatula pops them right off. Magna shade will give you more 3m tape to put them back on.

Also, I stuck on metal pie pan when I removed, so I didn't let get close together or there tuff to seperate.

Latest resources

Back