• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Nick68

RVF Regular
Hello everyone!!
We just purchased a 2008 country coach magna, it has a Coma Cabinet for wine glasses, do I need to purchase special wine glasses?

I don’t know if there are special glasses, but you could use those wide rubber bands around the area where they would touch to prevent breakage. Just an idea.

Wine glasses hang by the stem, I cannot envision a design that puts enough space between them to prevent breaking against each other or not breaking the stem off because of......Louisiana, or Mississippi or, well you get the point. Pack them in nice boxes and put them up when you get there. I like Ridel glasses.

I have some plastic wine “glasses” but I dont like them at all. Since I enjoy wine and cocktails good glasses, I store them safely for transit on the road, then keep them out and available when “camping”. I had the same issue in my sailing days. My boat was 52’ and had a 16’ beam, but once out in the open ocean, it might as well have been 20’ and things got agitated. I broke a lot of glass on that boat and learned my lesson.

Camping has really changed over the years hasn't it? :ROFLMAO: ;)

this is what I'm working with, :)

Attachments

• IMG_2875.JPG
    IMG_2875.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Really nice but maybe not so practical rollin down the road
I’ve seen videos of Prevost or Newells with this type of cabinets with glasses in it , this cabinet it’s made to hold glasses while you travel, but I can’t fit regular glasses size in the holes, so it has to be special wine glasses made for that, the glasses base has to be smaller I think.

Maybe wrap the glasses in cloth like felt or thick cotton for transit.

Latest resources

Back