Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
If you're not out traveling the open roads...are you doing any RV projects this winter? What's on your agenda for the winter if not traveling?

New ac, awning, TV, brakes, tires, inverter, batteries, gas regulator, and seat cushions. Sounds like an old TT but it's only 5 years old with a lot of miles/use.

redoing the flooring, attaching the low point drain access panel with magnetic catches, edge trim on the dinette seat, hunting down and fixing squeecks. Might get a new site of tires, these are okay but most of them are a bit out of round.. I think they're bottom tier goodyear...

Have to find someone to tighten the slide toppers. Newmar mounted them horizontally and they collect lots of water when it rains.

1) Paint correction and polish. 2) Install a permanent pressure washer plumbed with DI water. 3) get DW proper license so she can drive legally.

Replace our airbags. I have purchased them already and was ready to go at it when Ian decided to throw a wrench at us. That storm put a couple months of unplanned yard and fence work before the airbags. Will get on them hopefully this week.

Micro-air soft start install on single AC. Continue to fix the underbelly as mine has just fabric not coroplast. Mount an old B&O Beowolf 2000 somewhere in the camper. Put in an upgraded toilet, taller with porcelain bowl. Mount a power jack a customer pooched and I managed to fix after they bought another one to install. Fix the area around the absorption fridge as it was never installed properly, increase the air flow across the fins. I would like to change out the marker and tail lights to led. Get a backup camera on the TT. That should be enough.

Micro-Air "soft starts" on both heat pumps! (Done)
Adjust drivers side slide! (Done)
Adjust driver's side slide "topper". Newmar to do it at the Tampa RV Show.
Replace windshield wiper arms, occurred after windshield replacement(wrong torque spec's from Newmar). Newmar tech's to replace them at the Tampa RV Show.
Drain water tank, sanitize system, change all water filters. To do this week.
Check & top off batteries.
Power wash underside of coach, which I do at least twice a year.
Rinse off coach, minor paint correction, then make a decision to apply "Rejex", or "ceramic coat". A long slow process for me, but have until mid January to complete!
Vacuum, dust, & clean interior and windows.....a never ending project. We do one room at a time.
Two minor squeaks to "chase down". Plan to install foam type weather strip along vertical plastic panels along passenger side, & driver side.
Remove "stuff" from each bay, and vacuum, then replace "stuff" in a neat order/configuration.
Other "tinkering" as needed, a full time job!:cool:

I don’t have any major projects because I seem to work on the thing year round. The only pressing job was re-sealing a leaky roof vent before the rains and that went well. Still need to reassemble the inside trim etc.

I also sent off a list to Newmar for my next visit to the Mother Ship whenever they can schedule me. List includes some slide work and adjustments, slide topper re-stich (fabric is good but stiching is rotting away), new windshield, and a couple chassis maint items I dont feel like doing. I could have this done elsewhere but I prefer the level of service at Newmar.

Starting in late December we will spend a couple months somewhere south and I’ll pick up where I left off re-sealing roof penetrations. The only other thing I’m considering is the installation of a permeant 12v compressor so I can stop hauling my 120v one around - I never use it, it’s heavy, and it takes up a lot of compartment space. Maybe my little electric pressure washer will have a semi-permanent home in that space.

Researching replacement folding couch that is horrifically uncomfortable to sleep on for a DIY slide out! Any suggestions would be welcome!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back