FYI Winterization reminders

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I head south, the summer air automatically converts.😂
I'm confused! I live in Texas and when we left this summer with Texas summer air in the tires and returned in the fall, which means the low temps were mid 80's at night, I still had summer air or did spending a couple of months in the mountains mean I should have changed to winter air this summer and then back to summer air when we got home and now change to winter air. I think I'll just go get new tires but dang I hate to do that since I just put new Toyo tires on before we left. Oh well, at least they will put the correct air in...I hope. Now to decide retrobands or not? Does anybody have recent experience installing them? What if they damage a tire? Is that possible? What if they do, will I have to drive all over creation looking for a replacement? My head hurts and I know it is not the Jameson Irish Whiskey I'm sipping.

I’m beginning to understand the problems related to the dash air!!

I’m beginning to understand the problems related to the dash air!!
Are you referring to my dash air problem or your dash air problem? We have had the same problem I'm just not sure if its for the same reason.:rolleyes:

Oh wait!! Now this is something that has always slipped my mind, to winterize the dash air.
Gotta make sure that I don’t have any of that crisp northern mountain air remaining in the dash when we head to the southern Texas beach.
Here are my new items for winterizing this far
✅ Swap tire air summer/winter
✅ Swap dash air
✅ Swap all clothing in coach summer/winter
✅ convert water dispenser in fridge to hot water dispenser
✅ Since they say that heat pumps run the A/C backwards, move the air filters from the A/C intake and place on the A/C air outlets
Anything else that I have been missing all these years?
Now I am looking for some real wood to go knock on…

Are you referring to my dash air problem or your dash air problem? We have had the same problem I'm just not sure if its for the same reason.:rolleyes:
My dash air is working great, drive to current location was 85F out and the A/C (in recirc) was doing great. But it's apparent to me the problem with yours is you're still running winter air and you probably forgot to change it to summer air. Easy to miss when de-winterizing!

Why do the simplest things slip my mind? Actually, a lot of things skip my mind.

Whiskey Looping GIF by Buffalo Trace Bourbon

I'm positive Jameson Irish Whiskey has nothing but positive affects or effects on my memory.

Latest resources

Back