• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wireless TPMS Good or Bad

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks, I am not at the MH right now but I need to check and see if Newmar sends the coaches with metal or rubber, I can’t remember.

I have been using the TST 507 now with the flow through sensors, for several years. I use Steel valve stems and valve stem extenders. Alsl I use rubber stabilizers in the wheel holes so they don't move. This is the second MH on which I have used this setup. The MH sat all winter. There was virtually no air loss over the winter. I am very happy with these.

I recently converted my jeep wrangler to metal valve stems compatible with the jeeps tpms sensor. This allowed me to connect the tpms without worry of damaging the rubber stem.

I dont know if you can buy them for your systems but the new tst sensors are inside the tire mounted on the valve stem like cars are these are the way to go.

more that the forces acting on the flow through style screwed to your rubber valve stems causing damage to rubber valve stems theres a lot of impact on valve stems. Especially on a trailer. The automotive sensors are pretty much going to rubber valve stems because the metal ones don’t survive impact as well in most cases. There’s always the broken ones from something unique and maybe a metal stem would have been ok.

I'm another satisified long term TST user. I have the flow thru sensors on the coach (coach has metal valve stems and I do not have extensions) and non-flow thru sensors on the toad (toad has rubber stems).

Safe Travels.

Update: my fancy jeep metal valve stems where junk. I really felt like they where chrome. Broke it while connecting an air Chuck to air down on a trail.

Back to oem rubber and tst button sensors.

I need to check and see if Newmar sends the coaches with metal or rubber, I can’t remember.
Rbjwell: If your tires take anything more than passenger car tires you will have some sort of metal stem.
I have a TPMS (damned if I can remember the brand right now). I also have a repeater for the trailer sensors. It has saved me a couple of trailer tires just last year. Well worth it.
edit: I just looked and saw it is an Innotech TPMS that I have. InnotechRV 10 Sensor Tire Pressure Monitoring System

Last edited:
My $0.02, had a valve stem on an inner rear tire fail for no apparent reason. Cost me a full day hanging around a tire shop and better part of $200. Replaced the valve stem with a metal "truck" stem.
When I had the tires rotated recently, I replaced all the stems with commercial truck grade brass metal stems.

As mentioned above, TPMS uses the small "puck" style seasons, I do NOT recommend flow through style.

Metal valve stems ; Example Tire Valves: AnythingTruck.com, Truck & Trailer Parts and Accessories Warehouse

Latest resources

Back