• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DJSpicer

RVF Newbee
Hi All,

I’m a new Roadtrek Simplicity owner. While prepping it for winterizing I opened the inverter cavity and saw 2 loose wires with terminal ends. Does anyone know what they are?
IMG_1719.jpeg

Well one is black and one is red so I would guess they hook up to something DC powered. Maybe a option your camper does not have? I would get a multimeter and see if there is any power on them. Other then that it is a question for Roadtrek

Until you figure this out, I would isolate and insulate those two conductors from each other and from the red wire touching a chassis ground. This can only help and not hurt.

Rick

What doesn't work? Is anything your manual describes missing? If nothing is missing, and everything works properly, and RoadTrek support doesn't know what it is, it is probably something added aftermarket. Or it could be pre-wired for some option (but why they left it dangling who knows?)

As TheLooks said, the red one is likely to be 12+ and the black is likely (but not guaranteed) Chassis Ground. With everything turned on, you could put a DC volt meter on and check voltage relative to a good chassis ground. I'd probably want to wrap them in electrical tape or otherwise secure them, you don't want stray voltage flopping around in cavities.

Latest resources

Back