Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
What wiring is required to have roof top antenna like MIMO or similar type that would connect to the modem in a cabinet in the coach?

Just coax usually.

What wiring is required to have roof top antenna like MIMO or similar type that would connect to the modem in a cabinet in the coach?

The antenna will have its own cables, some may have extensions as I found and removed. You then just need to route the antenna cable down to where you want to go.

Following @Neal reply, If I was to ask Newmar to lay the wiring in a new build going from roof to av cabinet, that wouldn’t be realistic they would have to have the antenna prior to and they would probably say no?

They may install a conduit for you and that's what I'd consider. As to wiring, no because it's not simple cable type coax. There are different types of cables used from the antennas such as LMR, RG-6, RG-11, and others, etc.

Here's an example of the wiring harness on a Poynting 7-1 antenna, Poynting 7-in-1 4xLTE, 2xWIFI & 1xGPS Roof Antenna.

As mentioned, you'd typically run these leads thru a conduit from the roof. I don't know if others multiplex into a single cable, doubt it.
For simplicity, i ended up running straight up out of the center front cabinet on my 17 VTLE to the roof and mounted it there. So my router is also mounted on the top shelf of that cabinet next to the AV cab. Pretty easy to drill a hole to the AV Cab for power. I had no room and too much heat to add more in the AV cabinet.

I do wonder if the proximity to the air horns diminishes performance in my case.. but it seems to do the job and it's too late now.

I would suggest asking for a 3/4" or larger conduit. Probably 1 inch.

Latest resources

Back