Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Woohoo :). I get to make the first thread. Here’s our combo.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So at around 86 miles half your batter is used up towing that tiny trailer? I suspect this is not an RV combination you would ever venture very far from home with?
😊 Heh heh. I hear ya. But it’s not a big deal for us. We tend to stop every couple hours for a break anyway. We also tour a lot. So typical long day for us is on the road at 10 and off by 2. Maybe one charge stop. Some days are less than an hour.

Our spring trip this year is 11000 kilometres from BC to Quebec and back in 8 weeks. Should be fun.

Cheers and safe travels.

We count on losing half our range when towing. Although it really is highly affected by the speed. We just came back from a trip up to one of the provincial parks in the area. It was 70 kilometres each way and we used about half our battery. But it’s all secondary highways with max speed limits of 80 kmh or less. Consumption is much lower at those speeds. But the safe thing to do is count on 50 percent loss. Great tow combo though. 447 horsepower and the hills are invisible. 😊.

Hope that helps.

Here’s a couple shots of that trip. Still very cold at night this time of year. It froze every night we were there. Sunny days though and with snow on the distant mountains it was beautiful.

8419776e-461c-495d-8f0e-99594ae09665-jpeg.11934
Great pictures @Voyageurs and quite the setup!

Hi all. Woohoo. 😊. An EV tow vehicle section.
Congrats on a place to call your own! I'm sure it will grow in the near future and you are one of the original electro rv pioneers

Congrats on a place to call your own! I'm sure it will grow in the near future and you are one of the original electro rv pioneers
Yah kinda lonely here right now. There are literally thousands of us EVers towing little trailers like this. But they are all on Facebook. Facebook is fine but there is no effective way to archive the knowledge base. Hopefully more will migrate to the RV boards so the knowledge and experience base can be built up. We are not experts but we are learning every day.

Cheers.

One thing for sure, after pumping 41 gallons into my F350 @ $5.09 per gallon for a nice round total of $209.05, I would have rather been able to just plug it in for an hour.

But then again I think we are several years away from seeing a EV that can tow a 20,000 pound fiver 350-400 miles per charge. Maybe someday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back