Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Would you trust virtual/tele pet consultation?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Would you trust tele pet consultation?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

SCollins

RVF Regular
Fulltimer
No
Living in an RV, where we won't be able to have good access with Vets. So in case of any emergencies or any pet-related things which we wanna discuss immediately. Would you consider checking teleconsultation? If yes, pl refer to the site which you used.

We have used local vets in a couple instances, but we knew we had to see someone in person.
If we had a non emergent situation where a virtual consult would be appropriate, we would definitely be open to a virtual consult. Just haven’t had that scenario occur yet.

My animals can't tell me whats wrong. So I have to describe to the vet what is happening thru my observations. I want my vet's hands on to the body of my animal. I'm on visit #4 with my 11 yr old cattle dog, while the vet tries to figure out why he's peeing excessively. (Yes, we've knocked out the old standard afflictions, such as diabetes, cushings, lepto, etc.)

Since the critters can’t speak, unless it’s something fairly obvious, we find a local vet for a hands on check.

Living in an RV, where we won't be able to have good access with Vets. So in case of any emergencies or any pet-related things which we wanna discuss immediately. Would you consider checking teleconsultation? If yes, pl refer to the site which you used.
Why wouldn't you have good access to a vet?

When we first started RVing years ago we had a mindset that we needed to be sure and pack everything we might need for the trip, we always forgot something. What we quickly realized was the place we were going to had stores just like we had at home. We could get bacon or whatever there.

We run AKC Retriever Field Trials and have a few very athletic dogs who from time to time have needed attention on the road. We have always found it quick and easy to find a vet who has a very good rating in the area. I have used tele-medicine a time or 2 (for known issues) but it is a far 2nd to a well qualified vet being able to examine a cherished pet.

BTW I answered maybe.

Why wouldn't you have good access to a vet?

When we first started RVing years ago we had a mindset that we needed to be sure and pack everything we might need for the trip, we always forgot something. What we quickly realized was the place we were going to had stores just like we had at home. We could get bacon or whatever there.

We run AKC Retriever Field Trials and have a few very athletic dogs who from time to time have needed attention on the road. We have always found it quick and easy to find a vet who has a very good rating in the area. I have used tele-medicine a time or 2 (for known issues) but it is a far 2nd to a well qualified vet being able to examine a cherished pet.

BTW I answered maybe.
Yes @DKRITTER. I got your point. Since it's very first time, I'm over-thinking on all the aspects. That's the reason. LOL

Do you have a good vet now who knows your pet(s) that might be able to take a call if needed?

Latest resources

Back