Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
On the 2024 DutchStar the Xite navigation unit will not start. Power button appears to have power as it beeps when pressed. The dim screen with Newmar brand stays lit. Rear camera works but side cameras do not. Mobile eye data not available but smart cruise works.
Trying to sort before trip next week.
Is there a way to force reboot.

Tried power down of 12 volt and pulled fuse to no avail.

Do you know the name/brand of the unit? May help to change the title so people know what system you have and can better help.

Did you try the salesmen switch? Just maybe that will work?

Did you try the salesmen switch? Just maybe that will work?
Salesmen switch no go, puled the fuse, no go. Next might be to powerdown the entire rig but first calling Xite MFG and Newmar.

Not sure how hard it is to pull from dash, disconnect and reconnect connectors to the back. Unit may be deceased.

My dash unit has a bezel, I can pry that off, then it exposes 4 screws, remove and slide dash radio out.

Nothing I find more annoying is when electronic devises fix themselves. Went home last night with a dead Xite system only to arrive this morning with radio blaring tunes in an empty RV.
All fixed for now, I guess!

IMG_1646.jpeg

Nothing I find more annoying is when electronic devises fix themselves. Went home last night with a dead Xite system only to arrive this morning with radio blaring tunes in an empty RV.
All fixed for now, I guess!

View attachment 24732
frustrating for sure, maybe it was downloading/installing and update?

Ours was acting strange, rebooting periodically, noise coming through speakers and screen a little scrambled at the same time, 360 cameras completely gone, etc.

Long story short they got it working at our recent mothership visit.

Turns out they have been using shared grounds when connecting everything. This has shown itself to be a problem.

They connected ours to an open ground connection and it started working again.

One of the techs was looking to do the same thing to a Dutch star that was in another bay.

Think it has made its way to engineering so should be getting corrected on newer ones at some point. Bunch out there with that potential issue though.

I’ll put that on the list for our annual visit this year. Thank you

Sharing grounds? is that a common practice?

Latest resources

Back