Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Went to the Dallas RV show yesterday. A guy was there selling XM Wired TV. Reportedly a way to get ,virtually, all network channels and movies with no monthly fee. Anyone familiar with this or use it? Legit?

Do you have a link to the service being used? Any provider is going to have some subscription requirement unless free.

According to the sales guy you make a one time payment $399. You get a box and a remote. You use an HDMI cable to your tv, set up the internet and everything is there.

Here’s his poster.

Attachments

• 0C28DAB2-DFA2-4FD4-8A56-26F49D2309BB.jpeg
    0C28DAB2-DFA2-4FD4-8A56-26F49D2309BB.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 119
Looks like another streaming service. Lots to choose from out there, I personally would want to go with a bigger more reputable company. What if you pay $399 and then they pull the plug in 1-2 years? I use a service called slingbox that allows me to stream in my cable from home. They just pulled the plug!

You might not pay for the programming, but you are certainly going to pay for the service. Internet is not free, and it is my understanding that you have to have some sort of internet for this to work. I have internet through Verizon with a hotspot device and the service is about 80.00 per month for 50GB. If you are streaming TV, 50 is not much. Wife and I use most of that with just the laptops. What he is selling is really not much more than a hotspot. You would probably be better off looking into Nomad. Also keep in mind, you are not going to have TV with this system if you are somewhere that has no cell service, and if it weak cell service you will have a lot of buffering. I tried using our hotspot with a Fire Stick, which gives about the same programing service you are talking about and it buffered so much that it was unwatchable. If you want TV, just get Dish Network and a portable dish and be done with it. Good service as long as you can see the southern sky and does not require any internet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back