Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Lou Morales

RVF Newbee
I have a 50 amp class A Motorhome. I purchased a 30 amp plug adapter (dog bone). Everything works and I’m careful not to turn on too many things at the same time.

I’m curious what the dog bone adapter does. Does it link both hot wires in the 50 amp plug together? Or does it feed the power through one of the two hot wires in the 50 amp plug? Again, everything works. Not just “half” the outlets.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I have a 50 amp class A Motorhome. I purchased a 30 amp plug adapter (dog bone). Everything works and I’m careful not to turn on too many things at the same time.

I’m curious what the dog bone adapter does. Does it link both hot wires in the 50 amp plug together? Or does it feed the power through one of the two hot wires in the 50 amp plug? Again, everything works. Not just “half” the outlets.

Thank you.
One leg

Nope: the dog bone connects the single 120V line in the 30A supply to BOTH legs of the 120V/240V 50A service in your RV. If it only connected to one of the legs then the other leg would not get power, and things connected to that leg would not work.

1698513469288.png

Nope: the dog bone connects the single 120V line in the 30A supply to BOTH legs of the 120V/240V 50A service in your RV. If it only connected to one of the legs then the other leg would not get power, and things connected to that leg would not work.
Thank you! Good drawing !

I’m curious what the dog bone adapter does. Does it link both hot wires in the 50 amp plug together? Or does it feed the power through one of the two hot wires in the 50 amp plug? Again, everything works. Not just “half” the out

Latest resources

Back