RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
Those of you with gas coaches, especially, what items do you have serviced yearly at Newmar. Their prices for oil and filter change, generator oil and filter change, air cleaner change, etc. seem more than excessive. They sent me their "discount" service sheet. Fuel filter, transmission fluid, etc change yearly?

Many of the house items are common to gas and DP. Doing everything on their list would be $7,000 every year. Any advise welcome.

It’s well known about their recommended service and prices. If you can find a a good shop that you like for either chassis or house items or both might make more economic sense. Newmar does offer a lower hourly rate during winter months. Sone of the items you can do yourself (Slide seal maintenance as an example) if you feel like doing it. One other suggestion is to see if there are any platinum service dealers near you where they have been awarded that status by Newmar.

Ok, Thanks. This is my first experience with Newmar. I am ok with the chasis and LP stuff, but $352 for oil and filter - yikes, and never heard of transmission fluid change yearly on any vehicle.

Ok, Thanks. This is my first experience with Newmar. I am ok with the chasis and LP stuff, but $352 for oil and filter - yikes, and never heard of transmission fluid change yearly on any vehicle.
Allison highly recommends using TES 295 synthetic fluids. The typical fluid change interval for a motorhome equipped with a 3000 or 4000 series Allison transmission filled with TES 295 is 300,000 miles or 48 months; for a coach using non-TES 295 fluids, the interval is 25,000 miles or 12 months.

Credit: Allison Transmission Service - Family RVing Magazine

Those of you with gas coaches, especially, what items do you have serviced yearly at Newmar. Their prices for oil and filter change, generator oil and filter change, air cleaner change, etc. seem more than excessive. They sent me their "discount" service sheet. Fuel filter, transmission fluid, etc change yearly?

Many of the house items are common to gas and DP. Doing everything on their list would be $7,000 every year. Any advise welcome.

We will be going to Napanee, the first week of August for some "Warranty" work on our 2020 Canyon Star. I am having Newmar do the coach work, but am taking it to Bremen Ford to get oil change & chassis service done. They do excellent work, service all of Newmar's gas chassis coaches before they are built. Jared, the Service Manager is a fine young man. You might want to check them out. A lot cheaper than Newmar!

We go every year. Typically our Canyon Star needs something specific to the Coach. I generally have the slides checked, cycled and lubed, water system pressure tested. The weather sealing check and maintained.
The Newmar oil change on the sheet is an estimate for a DP not a gas coach. The Service center charges actual time not book time or estimates. The techs are all factory trained and have line experience.
I maintain our chassis myself.

This last year the factory tech discovered a faulty front cap seal. They replaced a front cap seal and painted it under warranty (coach was 2 years old). We have found that any factory installed items can be expertly repaired, maintained. Add ons or custom installations are not their thing.

An example, we had a short in the basement lights. We had three other techs try to find the problem over the preceding 8 months(it was determined the problem was caused by a solar panel installer, the installer did reimburse me.). The Newmar tech found the problem and replaced the faulty wire in less than an hour. It required first to find where the problem, then remove the fireplace. fish the wire out of the wall, replace the wire ( not splice but replace the wire) and test the system. This is the level of workmanship I expect.

We will go back for service every year. We make a mini vacation out of the trip.

Ahh. I can understand that price for a diesel, although, they estimate ten qts which still seems expensive. I will have to get more details and discuss these items with the service writer. I usually get the chasis work done at a local light truck service center that does excellent work. The inconvenient part is I don't have a ride home and they don't like to have me sitting in their sparse wtn area for 6 or 7 hours. The house stuff I don't mind paying for, especially the stuff I cannot or don't know how to do.

Thanks for your responses.

What gets done in the yearly maintenance? I'm sure it's more than just an oil change, filters and tranny? I thinking of (trying) to get my Tiffin into someplace to get some maintenance but I don't know what is normally done.

TIA

Latest resources

Back