• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Yellowstone Visitor Banned

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
My wife and I work camped all summer in Colter Bay Village. I knew going in people can be down right stupid.
To my surprise it was worse than I thought. The most common one I saw was people running. Running towards bears and Buffalo
Elk you name it. They would run towards these wild animals in order to get a close image. Then there are the STUPID RV OWNERS. They would come up on a critter jam and park on the side of the road. Only problem with that was half the time the DUMMIES were blocking the road and didn't care about the back up of traffic they caused.
Oh and then you had the critter watchers who would step out in traffic with out a care in the world.
This one I did not witness but have no doubts about it. There was some woman who complained to the Rangers about the bears. She spent a lot of money so she and her kids could see the wild animals. She told them they needed to train the bears better because in 2 weeks they had not seen any bears.

You can't legally fix stupid.

Hand her some bacon and steaks, tell her to take a walk in the woods. She’ll find some bears...

I worked for NPS at Yellowstone for 6 years and I could tell you some stories. One being a family off the boardwalks in a thermal area, wire basket attached to a long pole and were attempting to hard boil eggs in one of the thermal features. Crazy stuff like that happens way more than makes the news. Oh, and don't get me started about inconsiderate park visitors causing traffic backups with their RV's parked in the middle of the road.

Latest resources

Back