• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Yes we are Newbies

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome, happy camping. Learnings happen every trip for us, no matter how long we do this. Don't forget to check out sites like Reserve America and Recreaction.gov for access to state parks, and COE campgrounds. We use the app RVParky to plan trips.

enjoy!

Here are a couple of things to watch for from my 20 years in RV'ing, some of these have already been mentioned.
Before any trip, make sure tires are inflated to the max pressure on the tire but don't go over that and ONLY check and fill the tires when they are cool. TPMS is a must. Make sure your lugs on the tires are tight, check them every trip. Cover your tires when not in use. Make sure you also have a spare and the tools to replace a tire. Make sure your brake controller is set up properly, you want to feel a 'little' tug when you apply the brakes.
Empty your water heater and fresh water tank after every trip, don't leave water sitting in them. Treat your blank tank like a septic tank, don't ever leave the blank tank open to just drain out such as if you are on a seasonal site. Watch out for mice especially when your not using your RV, they can be destructive and chew on wires. I keep 5 mouse traps in my RV loaded with peanut butter and I reload them every week (I live near some woods). Don't get on the roof of your RV unless you absolutely have too, although some newer model RV's are now ok to walk on but keep it to a minimum.
Good luck and welcome to the sport!

Latest resources

Back