• Commercial/Vendors welcome

YouTube vs anything else

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Let me know if Youtubetv is a problem if away for over 3 months. Their website still says 3 month connect at home or they pause you. When I had them I would select traveling but after awhile they still paused me. They would still record all my shows but I couldn’t access them until back in registered home area.

We use our daughters address as base but are only there about every 6 - 8 months.
I was on the road from June until late September last year. They asked once or twice about my location to which I replied I was traveling. I was asked once back home to make sure my address was correct which it was.

I
We are using YouTube TV as well. Has worked great for us. We abandoned Dish a year ago also. Took the savings and invested more in internet connectivity, reception, reliability. Now enjoying all the internet offers plus tv for lower cost.
What product are you using to get your internet? I have heard that Starlink is like $2500-$3000. Is that correct ?

I

What product are you using to get your internet? I have heard that Starlink is like $2500-$3000. Is that correct ?
No way unless you go business.

$550 for equipment and $150 per month. You can shut off service like I did for the winter then there is no charge. There are some options too.

We are using T-Mobile home with a Cudy P5 router and Pepwave 42g.

Service has been very impressive.

$550 for equipment and $150 per month. You can shut off service like I did for the winter then there is no charge. There are some options too.

What monthly fees are involved using that system ?

I Pay $150 a month, but it is on the link I posted showing all the cost/plans.
On your t mobile home with a Cudy P5 router and pepwave, what are your monthly cost with that system.

I am self -employed and the majority of my business is internet based so, connectivity ranks up there. Since we started RVing it's been a PIA to remain connected, we have had many boosters and doodads trying to connect to park WIFI all of which were poor because park WIFI is poor to start with. We got a Jetpack from Verizon which helped but you would burn through the data plan quickly.
At the end of 2021 I broke down and bought a Pepwave Router and a Parsec Antenna. I moved the Jetpack sim card into the Pepwave, now I could manage my connection. November of 2023 I bought the standard Starlink dish and the roam package. A complete game changer but a bit on the expensive side. Benefit is I could turn the service on and off as desired. It lives in a tote in the basement of the MH.

Some lady knocked on our door and visited with us about Verizon Home 5G, it was $25.00 a month and at our house we could get very good speeds. My fiber at the house was better so I put it in the RV. (I was told I couldn't do that) It worked pretty good in most places. It lives in the RV now.

So we now have a 4 tier WIFI network in our RV and have reliable access all the time.

When we travel we use the Verizon sim card for data. When we get to a RV Park I connect to the park WIFI through the Pepwave, it's almost always poor. Next I plug in the Verizon Home box and test it. If it too is poor I setup the Starlink and have Starlink turn it on.

Going into any place is no longer an issue, Starlink has been the most consistent but it is also the most expensive so I try the others first. Going through all this only takes a few minutes when we setup at a park.

I never use park wifi. It's why I have my own wifi which is password protected.

Latest resources

Back