Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2024 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
Yes
A few years ago we had a Tiffin Allegro Bus that had the satellite tv system. Now with YouTube carrying most of the tv channels is anyone finding it easier to just have a wifi connection to get your shows now ?

I'm using YouTube TV and it's working well for me as I typically am on the road half the year. I haven't renewed DISH for probably 2 years now and don't see ever using SAT again.

We only use streaming + over the air (whatever we can pickup, which can be nothing).

OTA is actually pretty good assuming you can get stations. It's digital so it can be HD if the station is transmitting HD.

OTA: We were camped near a large city that had a CBS affiliate. Studio was about five miles away. Great I thought. Tuned in and nothing! I look up the tower/transmitter on Channel Master dot com and find the tower is 65 miles away!

We are using YouTube TV as well. Has worked great for us. We abandoned Dish a year ago also. Took the savings and invested more in internet connectivity, reception, reliability. Now enjoying all the internet offers plus tv for lower cost.

We are using YouTube TV as well. Has worked great for us. We abandoned Dish a year ago also. Took the savings and invested more in internet connectivity, reception, reliability. Now enjoying all the internet offers plus tv for lower cost.
Have you had to purchase anything extra for the rig to use OTA and be assured you get tv ???

We travel out west quite often, wifi is never good, sat always works, as long as no trees in the way, we are at margaritaville in Auburndale FL now, wifi is very sporadic, they claim to be working on it, sat works great and good OTA

I used to have Youtubetv and loved it. Problem when I was away from my base more than 3 months they would stop my service until I returned home. I don’t have a house home. My daughter‘s is my address. I only return “home” for 2 weeks twice a year. Switched to Directtv. Miss Youtubetv.

Never had satelite on the road and ditched cable at home three years ago. Free OTA for local weather & events and a combination of free/paid streaming for everything else.

Latest resources

Back