Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
How many MILES do you have on your tires? (Class A's only please). While my tires are 6 years post in-service date, the treads are looking a little low and it's probably time for many reasons to go with all 8 and bite the bullet. I know some don't understand my logic of what's more at risk, and old tire or a new unknown with a manufacturing defect, but that's where I am, on the fence. I realize this is going to run 8-9K for the 8 tires and I'll likely go with Michelin XRV's or higher depending on availability but that's the cost of this lifestyle. Probably do this on the start of my Winter trip so around January so I'll be at 6.5 years in service on these tires.

The hard part is finding them in stock. Mine are coming towards 3 years old and I won't go beyond 5 and I don't care how much tread is left.

I am looking at a preemptive strike on mine after the latest blowout, what brand are you looking at??

Staying with Michelin XRV. Mine takes 305/70R22.5. Checking FMCA program now.

tires.jpg

I just got off the phone with the company FCCC gave me which is Snider Tire in Gastonia, NC - 704-874-0426.

I spoke with Toby, I'm to contact him a month prior, availability non issue. They are cheaper than FMCA by around $75/tire. They take them to FCCC and FCCC puts them on at my Nov 20th annual service.

I just got off the phone with the company FCCC gave me which is Snider Tire in Gastonia, NC - 704-874-0426.

I spoke with Toby, I'm to contact him a month prior, availability non issue. They are cheaper than FMCA by around $75/tire. They take them to FCCC and FCCC puts them on at my Nov 20th annual service.
@Neal ... I have friends that did the same exact thing. Sounds like the way to go.

FLSteve (y)

Just replaced all of mine with Michelin XZR 315 80r 22.5. Tires had 55k on them and most looked almost new. Didn’t care as I’ll pay the price to keep the odds close to zero for having a blowout on the road.

I am looking at a preemptive strike on mine after the latest blowout, what brand are you looking at??
What caused your blowout? This is the scary part of owning these things.

I change at five years regardless.

What caused your blowout? This is the scary part of owning these things.

I change at five years regardless.
to keep this thread on track you can discuss in his thread:

Latest resources

Back