NM to Alaska

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@TheLooks you said:

Your responses drip with superior sarcasm. Like you are so much better because your.....Canadian? And everyone should have your life views on guns and etc? What are the most valuable members of the cartels in Mexico? The cops and military. And who has your back in a pinch? Enjoy yourself. Hope you don't end up dismembered and burned in a mass grave.

I don't think this is appropriate. Let me just put it simply. I ask that you and everyone else reply on this forum to help others, or ask questions, so that you and everyone else comes back to the forum to continue the discussion or ask new questions, or help others. If you make anyone feel bullied or condescending to the point they leave this forum then you're not helping me or this site. My desire is to have the friendliest RV community that people come here to feel good, they want to come back, they want to tell everyone else about this amazing wonderful group of RVers and how nice they are. If you want to help represent me, RVF, etc. then I ask that you keep in mind that any reply that may make someone not want to come back is one I don't want posted. I know I left the "other site" many times feeling like it was a toxic environment, bullied mainly by moderators, but I don't know why I kept going back but I kept leaving feeling terrible. I don't want that here. Make sense? You and others have a lot to offer, when sitting around the campfire at your site and having group chats and burning smores on sticks, you want them coming back the next night. That's what I want...

Okay, resume thread topic...thank you.

Well now, I carry Bear Spray and some Bangers every time I go for a walk in the woods, I call that being prepared. If I were going the visit "serious" wilderness such as Northern B C, the Yukon and Alaska I would feel more comfortable "being prepared". I don't own a gun nor am I anticipating taking my coach up the Al Can but if i were, I might consider getting one just to be prepared. By the way, I consider Costco Parking Lots to be pretty safe. I gas up at Costco when ever I can and have never had a problem.

I have been wintering in the US and Mexico for 6 years now and haven't carried a fire arm. I don't see the point in having one but that is my preference. I tend to stay away from cities (even in Canada) when I can as that is where one can expect crime to happen. I may be mistaken, but isn't it illegal to carry a firearm when visiting Mexico?

Darrell
Bingo!!!

I have firearms! I don't use them, but have them!!!
I don't want them in the wrong hands, so keep them with me, and won't sell them!!!

I bought them to protect my animals on the homestead, figured the animals were my responsibility, that simple!!!

Owning firearms is quite a responsibility if you consider your responsibility due to your actions.

When in that bank I talked about earlier, my brother who had the holstered weapon, just stayed quiet! For the record, he was sheriff's possie, but that is how things go!!!

Ultimately I stay out of countries that say I can't take them with me. Not because I care if I'm armed, rather because I feel responsibility for them! Leaving them behind, I can't have any part in protecting those around me from my weapons!!!

That is the why, I take them with me!

Your responses drip with superior sarcasm. Like you are so much better because your.....Canadian? And everyone should have your life views on guns and etc? What are the most valuable members of the cartels in Mexico? The cops and military. And who has your back in a pinch? Enjoy yourself. Hope you don't end up dismembered and burned in a mass grave.
It is not the pure numbers of fatal attacks Boony, it might be zero if they had prepared for it. The number does not matter if you are the ONE. I never intend to be the one. I don't go to places anymore that prohibit my rights. Oh I got an idea, lets go hiking in bear country because it almost never happens.....lets shout and wave our arms.....Black bears kill more people then Grizzlies because they are in closer proximity to us and they are expanding rapidly as we produce generations of fools that think their ancestors removed the predators because they just feared them...lol. As they walk up to them and take pictures like they are in a zoo. Darwinism at its best. For a great example, go to Cades Cove here in the Smokey Mountains and witness stupidity first hand.

Latest resources

Back