• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Trickle Charge for Towed Vehicle

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
If you have a motorhome with air brakes, Air Force one is an excellent braking system. I have also had the RVI system and that worked well too.

Last edited:
I’m using the M&G air system on my jeep and I like it but that type of system wouldn't work with my Edge. I’ll take another look at AF1. Fortunately I have plenty of time to research this and do it right. I’m using the jeep as a toad until March but then I’m going to get into this. I‘ve just decided that once again I have too may vehicles - happens from time to time.

I have a 2014 Ford Edge that I am towing behind my 2016 Newmar 3214. The car has to be started every 4-6 hrs and run to recharge the battery. We are planning a very long trip to Alaska this year and I think this will be a real pain when on the road for several days at a time. I want to try a trickle charger and have thought of everything from a small 110v battery maintainer that I would have to power from the coach while on the road, to (probably a better idea) getting a solar trickle charger. The problem is I have no idea how much the battery is being drained while going down the road (have to leave ACC on) and what size trickle charger I might need.

Anyone have any experience doing this with suggestions????

Thank You
do you has keyless start? The 7 pin connector has a power lead that will supply power to an under hood charger which is how I charge my F150 when we tow.

1701954555566.png

Latest resources

Back