• Commercial/Vendors welcome

04 Phaeton acceleration power loss after changing water/fuel separator

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have a 340 Cummins and experienced power loss to the point of hardly moving at all. Had to be towed 125 miles to nearest facility. Come to find out my particulate filter was completely clogged. Anyone ever know of or considered doing a delete.
You can delete any or all of your emissions stuff but you’ll devalue your coach and I’m told that company shops (Freightliner, Cummins, etc) wont work on it. And of course its illegal but I don’t see much chance of enforcement on that. You are much better off learning to monitor and maintain your system to avoid the hassles and repairs that can result. A clogged (ruined) DPF is a good example. You should be able to get 200k-300k miles from your DPF by monitoring your soot level and performing regens as necessary. Also even if your DPF is full of soot and ash to the point where regens wont suffice, you can have the DPF serviced (baked) and re-use it. That service is usually around $1,000-1500. If you are intent on deleting the system there are shops in Canada that will do it for you but my advice is to learn the system and keep it working right. Also you have a five year emissions warranty so if its still under five years old fixing it should cost you nothing.

Latest resources

Back