• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 10 year rule

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
It isn't always about the appearance of the rig. Case in point, we have no 10 year rule, and I've noticed that many of the older motorhomes often leave a nice puddle of oil or transmission fluid on the cement pad. Very seldom is that the case with the newer coaches.

LOL, I see GlampDaddy just "liked" that post. That's because he was out there cleaning up the mess so he could park in the site. :)

It isn't always about the appearance of the rig. Case in point, we have no 10 year rule, and I've noticed that many of the older motorhomes often leave a nice puddle of oil or transmission fluid on the cement pad. Very seldom is that the case with the newer coaches.
Hey, don't hate on Detroit Diesel, the 6V71, 671, 8V71, 6V92, 8V92, etc. were all designed to self lubricate on the inside and outside.

Last edited:
For the most part only at the high priced “Motor Coach Resort” type places. Not what you would really call a “campground”. Some have a minimum lenght and other restrictions too. Ive stayed at a couple that had the 10 year standard but they never asked and it‘s not my preferred type of “camping” anyway.
BTW The term “Motor Coach” strictly speaking applies to coaches for hire carrying many passengers and not private motorhomes but has been adopted, I guess because it has such flair and wonderful panache, but in this application is being misused. Just another update from your least favorite pedant!

Latest resources

Back