• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 10 year rule

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
For the most part only at the high priced “Motor Coach Resort” type places. Not what you would really call a “campground”. Some have a minimum lenght and other restrictions too. Ive stayed at a couple that had the 10 year standard but they never asked and it‘s not my preferred type of “camping” anyway.

For many of the places including high dollar places they just want to make sure it’s not a dilapidated rv. Some will ask for a picture but I have seen plenty of RV older than ten years in those parks that even have that restriction.

I've not had any difficulty camping anywhere with my 2007 travel trailer. But I have had trouble getting service professionally done on something this old. Too risky of finding other problems and the lack of easy to find replacement parts, these service departments can say.

Rick

I have been all over the country in my 99 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. Stayed at all kinds of different campgrounds from the mom and pop type to the super duper RV resorts.

I have been asked one time for pictures of my coach at a campground near Austin, TX. They have the 10 year rule and as soon as they saw pictures of my bus, they had no problem. I'm sure they are trying to weed out some hippie school buses trying to camp in their parks, who knows.

I recently was picking up a “new to me” 2016 Monaco Trek in the Sacramento,CA. area. I decided to camp nearby the first night before the trip back home. Going online; Auburn RV Park asked me to fill out their application first and they would then get back to me with their response. For one midweek night they wanted: model, year and condition of rv and also of any other vehicles. They also wanted my FICO score and the reason why I would be staying there. Incensed, I filled it out; one female in a Monaco, no pets, 830 Fico score. They turned me down. I guess I wasn’t good enough for them.
I ended up staying at Auburn Gold Country RV Park instead. I arrived at 5 pm, the office was already closed and they had assigned me to a site literally 5’ from the dump station.

Campgrounds are having trouble with people that are one step from being homeless living in campgrounds. They are almost impossible to evict once they are in there as long as they are paying their rent. The 10 year rule is one way a campground has of getting rid of the unwanted people that won't go away. Some also limit the number of days you can stay. I've been to a couple "campgrounds" in Florida that look worse than any "trailer park" you've ever been in. Old non-running cars sitting everywhere. Trash and junk all around the camper. I saw a class A diesel pusher that was so covered in black mold I'd be afraid of going near it!!! I've gone back to the office more than once and gotten my money back after driving to my assigned spot because of the riff raff living in the campground. I'm not camping in the 'Hood.

I recently was picking up a “new to me” 2016 Monaco Trek in the Sacramento,CA. area. I decided to camp nearby the first night before the trip back home. Going online; Auburn RV Park asked me to fill out their application first and they would then get back to me with their response. For one midweek night they wanted: model, year and condition of rv and also of any other vehicles. They also wanted my FICO score and the reason why I would be staying there. Incensed, I filled it out; one female in a Monaco, no pets, 830 Fico score. They turned me down. I guess I wasn’t good enough for them.
I ended up staying at Auburn Gold Country RV Park instead. I arrived at 5 pm, the office was already closed and they had assigned me to a site literally 5’ from the dump station.
Just curious, was “Auburn RV Park“ the new one by Bell and I-80? Dont know anything about it other than driving by it all the time. Looks convenient but from your experience (and the fact that its right next to the interstate and a busy on/off ramp) it would be hard to reccomended it. Auburn Gold Country RV Park is no gem either (customer service seemed non-existent when I stopped in) but for just an overnight or two it would be ok. This area really doesn't have much to offer for camping, much less hook-ups for an RV.

Just curious, was “Auburn RV Park“ the new one by Bell and I-80? Dont know anything about it other than driving by it all the time. Looks convenient but from your experience (and the fact that its right next to the interstate and a busy on/off ramp) it would be hard to reccomended it. Auburn Gold Country RV Park is no gem either (customer service seemed non-existent when I stopped in) but for just an overnight or two it would be ok. This area really doesn't have much to offer for camping, much less hook-ups for an RV.
Yes, that was the new rv park next to the freeway. I happened to notice it the first time I drove by when leaving a purchase deposit for my rv. I had stayed at Auburn Gold Country RV park years ago and remembered how far away from the fwy it was. So I thought I would give the new park a try. They claimed they were full for one midweek night, after reviewing my online application. Never in nine years of rving have I encountered this before.

well its possible - thats a small park and it always seems to be full, probably because there are so few options in the area. So they might have been full. That land used to be part of a fun little 9 hole golf course.

Latest resources

Back