• Commercial/Vendors welcome

$12,000 paperweight

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, it’s been almost three weeks since this problem first surfaced…. So today, out of curiosity, I thought I would start up the generator (we are home) and see what happens. Sure enough, it ran great. I ran it for about 40 minutes with a decent load on it to give it some overdue exercise and it never had an issue.

So does this mean I just saved an expensive repair? Maybe, but I am not hanging my hat on it. I will continue to run it periodically to see if it reoccurs and keep everyone posted. Hopefully it keeps running until I have to replace the belts or some other maintenance and just do this sensor at the same time.

As a side note, I never heard back from the Charlotte
Cummins shop (now over two weeks later). I called the Cummins shop in Spartanburg, sc last week, but have not heard from them either. How is a person supposed to get these things fixed?

I have a reprieve, but I am not sure I am out of the wood….so if it dies again, who ya gonna call?

Rich
Great news Rich. But give that thing a REALLY LONG coolant flush.

Good luck.

It seems like sometimes you have to be the PIA, in order to get things done. I have been trying to get a piece of musical equipment fixed for almost a year. Every time I call the arefull, overwhelmed,no room to take in any more work. Finally, I got the guy to look at it as I partally fixed it. He looked and said no time. I had to ask how dies one get in line toget wirk dome I had been calling fir months. I even offered to pay extra, if he could get itdone. Finally, I convinced him to take it and get to it when he could. Man it is like pulling teeth sometimes.

I had good success with the Cummins shop in Kenley, NC. It's off exit 106 on I-95. It has been a couple of years but I had no problem getting in and they didn't blink at having to drop the unit out of the bottom to gain access for service.

So does this mean I just saved an expensive repair?

Rich
Wouldn't it be great if it was just that easy? But you know it's not. There is no way that you'll ever sleep easy with the uncertainty of it running the next time you need it. :(

Latest resources

Back