Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TheColonist

RVF Newbee
I have a 2020 Forest River Vibe travel trailer. The lead acid battery died while in storage for two weeks during hurricane Ion. Replaced it with lithium iron phosphate. Did’t know of any problems till it tried to hitch up to the truck
to run from hurricane Nichole. Electric jack and light did not work. plugged in shore power and all worked. When we returned, I charged up my second Lithium battery and installed it. Disconnected shore power and no 12v.
Any ideas?

Possible blown fuse between battery and 12vdc panel?
I know older campers have a fuse somewhere close to the 12 volt battery. Mine happens to be under the front of the frame. I can't speak for newer trailers.

Roger

See if you have a voltage at the battery. If no then BMS may be the problem. Because of lithium charge characteristics, may be the fuse as described above.

See if you have a voltage at the battery. If no then BMS may be the problem. Because of lithium charge characteristics, may be the fuse as described above.
To improve on this test, check voltage at battery WITHOUT being plugged into shore power, then WITH being plugged into shore power. You should see a difference of 1.5-2 volts higher when plugged in.

Additionally, yours is new enough, it might also have a reverse polarity protection fuse. Might it be possible you hooked the battery up reversed?

Roger

And do you have a converter that is made to work with Lithium? It will still charge but not fully. Not what you are experiencing. On that problem, look at the power out of the battery. It should go to a box and then some fuses that reset. They usually put them where they can get the most beating from the elements or tire wash.

Humor, only if you realize the failure, not if your experiencing it!

Latest resources

Back