Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

SteveS

RVF Regular
As stated, I have a 2003 FR Sandpiper 30GT and the Control Box in overhead AC keeps clicking only when I run the Furnace. The furnace WILL Ignite and run but that Control box will be constantly clicking all night long. I changed the control box, changed the thermostat (Non Digital), even tried a new digital TStat that came with the new control board but that just made the blower start and stop constantly. Furnace is a Suburban SF30. and doesn't matter if it is on shore or battery power. Can anyone point me in a direction to test or look? Bad ground? Converter? The control module in the furnace itself? This even has my local RV dealer Stumped

Last edited:
Not in the wrong section, but, it has me stumped. On your new digital T'stat, when you say the blower was going on and off, do you mean the furnace blower or the A/C fan?

That would be the furnace blower. The AC works fine with the original Tstat and board. I haven't tried the AC with new Tstat and board. I do believe the furnace may have gotten wet though as I pulled it out and had to replace the floor under it.

Is the fan motor free spinning? If not it may be an overload switch.
It could be the thermal switch, likely hooked to a paddle of some sort or the thermal switch that keeps the heat exchanger from getting to hot. All would come into play if the fan was not running at speed.

The fan spins freely, the heater works as it should. Heats up and blows throughout the ducts. It's just that control board up in the AC unit that constantly clicks. I even hooked the Tstat up directly to it to bypass the wires going through the ceiling and wall to the original tstat location. Thanks for trying to help me with this. Last year I just stuffed foam padding around it so I could sleep at night haha.

Steve, You have a Dometic/DuoTherm AC, correct? If you do, that seems to be a common issue from what I have read. What some have done to make it stop is change the temperature differential from one or two degrees to as much as four degrees. I have no idea why that works, but it may be worth a try.

I do not have a digital tstat to do that with. This is a 2003 model. I have read that as well with some of the newer models. I researched this problem for quite some time before asking for help or throwing a bunch of money at it. I appreciate your help

Latest resources

Back