• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2003 FR Sandpiper 30GT Control Box in AC keeps clicking

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Now you rally have me stumped. Here is what SHOULD be a wiring diagram. Do you know which relay is doing the clicking?
dometic-analog-thermostat-wiring-diagram-dometic-rv-thermostat-wiring-diagram-with-on-at-dometic-thermostat-wiring-diagram-77-59809.jpg

Well, I am not sure on this diagram. It would be the Relay on the board up in the AC that the wires from my Tstat hook up to. when i put my finger on it I can feel it clicking constantly. I actually have my Camper up North for hunting but I am working away at the moment or i'd take a pic of it and show you. It is not the Board that is mounted on the furnace itself

Steve, is it a constant timed click or is it more random? More random would suggest a loose connection and a timed would possibly be the new board you installed with the thermostat may be the culprit. Have you contacted the place you got the parts from?

Constant click. Yeah, they said once I installed it I was unable to return it. I actually put the old board back in because the new board and tstat just made the blower on the furnace constantly kick on and off. I'm actually thinking of just buying a brand new TT soon anyways. Maybe sell this one off to someone who camps in the summer time. I'm a Winter/Hunt season Camper ?

I do appreciate you trying to help me because I thought this would help others that may come across this problem. I may try to buy a new furnace just to see if it was something on mine that was bad. I did clean all connections to eliminate that problem. Much thanks to your time in this matter. I'll be up there this weekend so if you need me to check anything I will be available.

This clicking is what started this whole episode then the swapping of parts? Hmmmm. You said the furnace got wet....... OK, then in my mind the next step is to either try removing the board on the furnace and cleaning it as best you can because there *may* some foreign substance on the board allowing some voltage to trickle to someplace it shouldn't be OR do a search for Dinosaur Electronics and buy a new board for your furnace.

I just thought of something. Before you purchase a new board, try disconnecting the furnace and see what happens. If the clicking is still there then a new board won't solve anything. If the clicking is still there then look at trying to disconnect the AC.

I am going to be on the road for a few days, so that will work out good.

Latest resources

Back