• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question 2015 Ventana LE fresh water tank

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There is a process to "reset the tank sensors system I think". I believe i have it someplace in my documentation I keep on here. If I do I will post it in another post here. Oh, if coach is new to you, read the manuals they will answer a whole bunch of questions and you will learn things.

There is a process to "reset the tank sensors system I think". I believe i have it someplace in my documentation I keep on here. If I do I will post it in another post here. Oh, if coach is new to you, read the manuals they will answer a whole bunch of questions and you will learn things.

Trust me .... I have been in the books. In addition to books Im all over YouTube and other instructional videos from multiple RV websites.

On one hand I did very well buying a 2015 with only 7200 miles on her. The problem with that however is ..... a lot of the maintenance is also based on "time" as well as milage. For example .... the Onan generator only had 83 hrs on her but its never been serviced in almost 5 years. Its in the shop right now getting serviced.

So Im staying busy but I need to take it one day at a time.

Just because the digilevel panel says “autofill” do not assume that the coach is plumbed for it. Some coaches do not actually have the 3-way plumbing valve, but do have the digilevel autofill function. To be sure, if the wet bay has a position on the fill valve labeled “autofill” then yes, it will have that function. If the valve has only 2 labeled positions and in fact can only be rotated to 2 positions, then the coach does NOT have autofill, regardless what the digilevel says.
Thank you Newmar for those clear and concise functions.

Here is what I have. Oh, my tank valve has only two positions, manual fill and auto fill. Only having two positions may not be the right way to describe. Regardless, it should be labeled Auto Fill and Manual Fill. And I have overflowed my tank, by having auto fill selected on the valve, and using the auto fill button on the panel, and then turning it off, the tank will overfill then. The other way to get it to overflow is to use the "water hot feature" in the shower, and have city water on, or have the tank too full. It will circulate city water into the tank while running the hot water to the shower head valve. Hope I explained that correctly.

Attachments

• Tank System Calibration KIB.pdf
    338.7 KB · Views: 21
We've gotten a little off topic but not quite fully down the rabbit hole, but to finish a thought:

2 way fill valve.jpg

Here is what I was trying to describe. Above is a 2 way valve. NO autofill. Water flow to the fresh water tank is either on or off, regardless of what the DigiLevel panel reads.
With the handle at 3:00, there is no flow of water to the fresh water tank.
With the handle at 12:00 flow is now allowed going into the fresh water tank.

3 way fill valve.jpg

Above is a typical 3 way valve.
When the handle is pointing at 12:00 you are opening the valve to allow water to flow to all water devices in the coach AND flow to the fresh water tank and the autofill function.
Pointing the handle at the 3:00 position is the same as 12:00, but without autofill. Just to the coach devices.
Pointing the handle at 6:00 and you would manually be filling the fresh water tank.

The magic behind the panel is not only the 3 way manual valve, but also a solenoid operated control valve in the autofill line. The valve is controlled by the level control circuitry.

In the first picture, that is sort of what I have, but one position is manual and one position is autofill. Ours is 2019 Ventana, see picture attached from Owners Manual page 124. I have noted our valve setup.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    329.1 KB · Views: 26
@Old-RV'er very interesting valving arrangement, Newmar inconsistency once again. Does your coach actually autofill the fresh water tank?

We've gone way beyond the original poster's @skychs dilemma. It was never mentioned if in fact the fresh water tank was full or at any level to begin with. I know that until I further investigated why my Ventana LE had "autofill" on the DigiLevel panel, but not in the wetbay did I learn what I tried to discuss above. I made the same assumption on my first trip about autofill, but had to figure out why it kept timing out and never filling...because I have only a part of the system!

@skychs might I suggest that you use the signature feature to let us all know what type of coach you're working with to give possible helpers more insight in our help.

Last edited:
Yes, if the valve in picture is set in autofill, (where I leave it), and I select the AF button on the panel, it will consistently autofill tank once drops 50%. If I also select the "top off" feature it will do it at any point below 95%. I have overfilled the tank by turning off AF on the panel, but leaving AF selected outside, if the hose bib is on. Normally after fill event I leave it off. They must both be on or off (manual Fill). Don't forget to use pressure regulator, as warnings all over the place of damage if pressure is over 60PSI. Believe disparity is because some gas coaches don't have AF, the upline gas one I think does, but, not sure if all diesel coach's have it as well. Ours may have it because we ordered all electric unit, and that caused the macerator toilet and couple other things to be added I was not aware of.

@RandyB - mine doesn't have what yours has, so yeah, inconsistent. Best for someone with a question to give us a picture of their setup as we can't assume it's like ours.

I finally got the chance to get a photo of my Ventana LE water/sewer panel. I have the basic set up in my coach. Some of the valves/knobs are even stuck so I can't open or close them. I wanted to sanitize the fresh water tank then clean out the hot water heater before I leave for the weekend. I guess its time to go pick up a new anode rod too.

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4668.jpeg
    IMG_4668.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4669.jpeg
    IMG_4669.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Latest resources