skychs

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3636
RV Length
At the end of our first adventure we emptied our Black then Grey tanks at the campground. When we went back inside to look at the different levels we discovered the fresh water tank had also emptied. The fresh water tank valve was closed. There was no water on the ground under the coach. The fresh water "low point" valve was also shut. The only two valves I opened were the black and grey tank valves. Any idea why the fresh water tank emptied? Thanks
chuck

That one is a head scratcher. Does not make any sense ??

My guess is it was empty and you either didn't have autofill on to keep it topped off (or it was timed out) or didn't fill it manually.

I think @Neal has the answer, but there is one other possibility; a failed fresh water tank sensor. Are you sure the FW tank is really empty or are you just relying on the gauge? Did you specifically check the FW gauge before you dumped the B/G tanks? When you open the low point drain, does water flow out? With the water pump on, do you get water at the faucets?

There is no physical connection between the FW tank and the B/G tanks except via the sink/shower drains/toilet. So, unless you had one of the faucets, shower valve or toilet flush valve running, there is no path from the fresh water tank to the B/G tanks.

TJ

Ok, It seemed very strange to me as well. I can't imagine any kind of connection between the fresh, black and/or gray tanks .... that's why I had to ask.

The coach is new to us so we are still learning the systems. I will keep an eye on the gauge. I did flush the FW tank the day before the trip and all the gauges seemed to respond to the different levels of water in the tank.

First thing I would do is verify that the tank is really empty. Tank sensors are known to be failure prone.

TJ

Ok, It seemed very strange to me as well. I can't imagine any kind of connection between the fresh, black and/or gray tanks .... that's why I had to ask.

The coach is new to us so we are still learning the systems. I will keep an eye on the gauge. I did flush the FW tank the day before the trip and all the gauges seemed to respond to the different levels of water in the tank.

Maybe one day I can meet you at the storage lot and give you some OJT.

Watch out for @Neal helping you out, he’ll just help spend your money ?.

Neal .... if you are serious I would definitely take you up on the help. Since I didn't buy the coach new no one has gone over any of the systems with me. The PO just showed me what I needed to know to open/close the slides and get it on the road. Im off until October 1st.

Neal .... if you are serious I would definitely take you up on the help. Since I didn't buy the coach new no one has gone over any of the systems with me. The PO just showed me what I needed to know to open/close the slides and get it on the road. Im off until October 1st.

Yep, serious. If my parts for my ONAN GEN work comes in tomorrow I will be there around 9 AM Tuesday morning. Shoot me a text when you can so I have your number and put a name to it. My number ends in 9388 that you called the other day.

Latest resources

Back