Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RDMOCALA

RVF Regular
Has anyone replaced their rear shocks themselves? Is there anything special to do? The fronts look pretty straight forward. The rears look like they may be a little hard to get to. any advice is appreciated.

Can't help on shock replacement. I am still trying to decide whether to replace.

I am curious on whether you have replaced the front shocks? If so, what shock did you go with? I've heard most about Bilstein & Koni's

I’m more curious as to why you think you need new shocks. Mileage? Handling?

Can't help on shock replacement. I am still trying to decide whether to replace.

I am curious on whether you have replaced the front shocks? If so, what shock did you go with? I've heard most about Bilstein & Koni's
I have not replaced the front's yet. I was looking under the coach and the fronts look straight forward but the rears may be a little difficult to get to. The reason I am looking to change shocks is to smooth out the ride. The coach has 45,000 miles on it. The front end dips down quite a bit when I stop at low speeds. I am planning to get the coach weighed soon, correct the air pressure, then decide if shocks are needed. If I decide to change shocks I will probably go with Bilstein. I know a lot of folks go with Koni but after reading some articles I think the Bilstein's will work fine.

While this may not be directly related to your specific situation but we switched from practically new Bilstein to Koni FSD shock absorbers on the front of the CanyonStar. It made a very noticeable improvement in ride quality. Our rear suspension is LiquidRide, no shocks absorbers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back