Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dnrhood06

RVF Newbee
I'm trying to do a little research on my Coleman TT to replace/upgrade some electrical items. The converter doesn't work and hasn't since we bought it 2nd hand around 2 years ago. I also notice that the electrical outlets do not hold much of a load at all. We brought an air fryer with us a couple of times because it is easy to cook some items with it and we also brought a small electric griddle for pancakes and other things. Those two things can't be ran at the same time or it will trip the breaker. We have ran used them on a GFI outlet and either the external outlet or another internal outlet and it still blows the same breaker. I have one 20 amp breaker labeled General Purpose and the rest are 15 amp.
Could I just replace them all with a 20 amp since the wiring is the same as home wiring? It doesn't seem like those 2 things should trip the breaker. Also, where can I find documentation on the wiring? So far, Google hasn't found much. The Dutchmen site is all that comes up and I can't find a Coleman Lantern on it.
I really want to upgrade the converter also to something a little better with the ability to switch the battery to a Lithium. What would be better to replace it with? The type that came in it, or a Progressive Dynamic (or any other brand? I really need to find a wiring diagram to help with this though so I can understand how it is wired.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back